Sky

Associate
Cant complain about them.

Ive got Sky HD package with multi room, Talk and Unlimited BB. Something like £68 or something like that a month.

I get 41 ping with gaming and I was quoted 4.4mb on my line and when I download I get about 430kb/s so I guess thats right.

Soldato
We're on their Unlimited package (20mb). Get a download speed of about 1.8mb/second which is great. Router occasionally needs rebooting and the range of the wireless is poor but other than that I'm happy. No throttling and no download caps make them a great choice right now.

I've played a wide variety of games on it, using a PC and an Xbox and it's usually absolutely fine.

Last edited:
Soldato
Currently not at home but on a friends computer with Sky broadband and i beleive the Base package which is up to 2Mb.

Packets: Sent = 20, Received = 20, Lost = 0 (0% loss),

Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 29ms, Maximum = 32ms, Average = 30ms

30ms average ping to BBC which is pretty stable.

811048609.png

Router settings show Downstream Connection speed as 2042 and Upstream 414 as.

This is with a distance of around 3 miles from the exchange which is apparently oversubscribed as Sky put it so is limited really to around 5mb, at home i am using the 8mb package as i dont download a whole lot and there would be no point in paying more for sometihng i dont need. I currently get 4.5mb and 32ms ping.

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
I'm a Sky user, get 15Mbit I think, or something like that. I was a Virgin Media user for years but was disappointed when I found out my current place couldn't get it. However, pleasantly surprised in that Skys service has been perfect.

I have SkyHD anyway so the cost is pretty minimal. I don't game but the connection has been solid since I moved in over a year ago (centre of Hertford town).

Back
Top Bottom