SLi board that will overclock well with Q6600

Soldato
Uhm Striker extreme?
I don't know how far they go on quads but awhile ago the P5N-SLI were very popular for c2d's, nforce 650i chipset I believe.

Alternatively if you want 16x sli look for the p5n32 series, but watch out, most of em are nforce 4 or 5 rubbish, there's just 1 proper 680i board iirc but you'll have to ask someone else wich one that actually is.
Or, if you've got money to burn, striker extreme, at least you're sure of a true 680i chipset there.

I've heard the 780i series will be out very soon so might be worth waiting a bit to check out their benchy's or at least for them to drive the nforce 6 series pricing down.

Associate
OP
iv got a p5n-e-sli 650i, i could only get it upto 2.85ghz, but i didnt ajust any voltages, ill give it a go.

the striker is a bit pricey, i may try one of the p5n32-e sli with a 680i chipset

Soldato
Last edited:
Associate
don't go for the Striker. It's not that good for quads unless you get a newer revision. Had no problems whatsoever with the EVGA board. Great service if you need an RMA too. Asus' RMA was 4 weeks of hearing nothing then the same board returns with only a BIOS flash (to a previous version).

Back
Top Bottom