1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Dismiss Notice

Sli bridge question ??

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by Jleo, 23 Jul 2006.

1. Jleo

Hitman

How long is the dfi NF4 Sli bridge? could some kind person post a link to some info on alternative bridges maybe Asus if they work with Dfi

Thanks

2. BillytheImpaler

Man of Honour

:confused: Shouldn't the bridge just be the same length as the distance between the PCI-e 16x slots?

3. Jleo

Hitman

Correct, what is that length? :)

4. wiggy

Hitman

I looked into this a while back because i wanted one just in case i went sli. From what i remember you also need to mod the chipset in order for it work. Though i may be wrong. I did a search and found lots of people discussing it on other forums.

5. Jleo

Hitman

I have found a Asus Sli connector, the cool thing is that its flexible, some sort of ribbon cable between the sli connectors, the description doesn't specify Asus graphics cards only so without them saying so would imply that it will most likely work with any sli capable card in any mobo. What do you think?

6. Minstadave

Caporegime

That should work fine :)

7. wiggy

Hitman

In theory the connections would be the same, though i would warn it would be a very expensive experiment if it went wrong. Anandtech did an article on this, so check it out.

8. wiggy

Hitman

9. Semiskimmed

Mobster

that flexible bridge will be fine for it.
    the only question is, do you need to update your sig, or do you need to do some more reearch? :p