1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sli enabling problem...

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by Adnan769, 4 May 2006.

1. Adnan769

Associate

Hi all,
    I have two leadtek 7800GTX in sli and the problem is that I have to enable sli every single day :confused: if I leave the PC off for more than 7 to 10 hours and sometimes less.

To enable Sli I boot the system and when it boots into windows a message pops up stating that the system needs to restart to enable sli and gives me a 15 second count down. When it restarts and boots into windows, it does not detect the second card and when I check into the Sli section of the nVidia display panal it tells me to add a second GPU. Then I shut down the system completly and boot it again into windows where now it detects the cards and I can enable Sli. Note: Restarting the system wont do it.

When the system finally detects the cards i can restart and shut down the system as I like but if I left it for that length of time it will force me to take the same procedure again.

I've been doing this since september and I finally got fed up :mad: < about time :D

Could anyone please shed some light on whats going on with my system and if there is a way to fix it. Many thanks ;)

My specs is:

Giga-byte GA-8N-Sli Royal
    Enermax Liberty 620W
    Windows XP SP2
    Forceware 84.43
    Mains power is always on.

2. Doppleganger

Hitman

I'd uninstall and then reinstall your drivers. I had some issues with SLI when I first got the 2nd card - they went away with a reinstall.

3. Acrotomophilia

Capodecina

What he said i had the same problem reinstalling the drivers fixed it for me .;)

4. Adnan769

Associate

First of all, I would like to say Thanks for the quick reply, I really appreciate it ;)

I did update the forceware drivers at least 3 times since I had the setup and the same problem was present all the way, however I will try your advice and try to sort it out with an uninstall and a reinstall if it did fix the problem with you guys.

Thanks again :D

5. MeatLoaf

Capodecina

Is there an option in your bios to set the sli mode or so you have a paddle card on the mobo?

6. Adnan769

Associate

Thanks for the reply. Yes there is but its only giving two options AUTO and Disabled and mine is set to Auto.