small composite tft - need vga

Soldato
I have a couple of 8 inch tft monitors which have video in but not vga. Is there anyway to adapt them, the actual screen plugs into a circuit board via a ribbon cable and a pos/neg power cable.

In short could I get a new circuit board that will give me a vga input (or could I adapt the one I have?)

Permabanned
I have a PS1 8Inch LCD.

It has a PCB with say 12 Pins, if i was to connect these pins in the correct order i would have VGA or RGB Singnals

I cant for the life of me find the correct combinatiosn though :( Plus i need a new set of pins and pin header :(

Soldato
You will need the controller board to accept/decode a VGA input.

It will then also need to output the correct format for the panel.

In short, it'll be better to get new screens which natively support VGA inputs. Take a look for CarPC/carputer screens, these come in 7-8 inch formats, and will accept VGA.

Soldato
OP
thanks for that - dont really want to spend more on this as I have two screens and my thinking would be they would use the same components and just change the connections.

The tft part is a TORISAN TFT-LCM TM080VG-22L01 and has a simple power input (Black/red cable) which should be easy but also has a flat 18 wire ribbon cable.

On the inside of the actual tft there are numerous connections, one that isnt used named "Inv Sw" has 6 pins and is quite close to the ribbon cable (making me think it may be an input of some kind).

The pins on the ribbon cable are labelled:

R00 - R05
G00 - G05
B00 - B05
DE and GY_Sel

Any ideas how to wire up

Soldato
OP
Another option would be to see if my mobo can use one of those cheap vga/vdeo out combi cables - there isnt anything I can find on the web - anyone know if a:

ASUS AT3GC-I

Can do it (I havent got the cable to test)?

Back
Top Bottom