Small project advice needed

Associate
Hi, can anyone give me some advice with the following...

My wife just gave birth to our daughter Emily. Over the course of her pregnancy I took a photo of her and a photo of her bump every night. Our intention is to make a time lapse video of this.

A long time after starting I realised I made a few rookie mistakes. I should have set my camera onto a lower resolution (now I have a ton of pics of a few megabytes each) and I also should have somehow marked a place for her to stand each time.

So what I need is software that can use one image as a template and then I can overlay the others on top and re-save them so that she is in the same place (and at the same zoom) each time.

Then I need a quick way to bulk compress the images into a smaller file size.

Then I need to put them together into a video.

Has anyone done anything like this before and could you offer any tips on any of these aspects?

Thanks!

Associate
I'm not an expert but I'm pretty confident you can do all this with photoshop. You can bulk import into layers, align the layers manually, and bulk convert the files to a lower resolution (if needed). You can also create an animation from a set of photos in layers and export it into various output formats.

Kei

Kei

Soldato
Last time I did this, I created an export template in adobe bridge with specific resolution settings for 1920x1080. As my files had a numerical sequence I could use quicktime pro to quickly assemble a time lapse and export as a video.

Soldato
I wouldn't worry too much about making sure they are all the same angle/position etc, and you can use proshow or even windows live movie maker to make the video. compile the video, then reduce it down in size, I wouldn't bother doing it with the images before hand.

I've made loads of videos from photos, it's really easy and simple enough to put them to music as well.

Back
Top Bottom