Smallest possible case for these components

Associate
Hi all,

I currently have a Coolermaster Cosmos 1000 case which is pretty huge. I've moved house and now need to move it into a smaller space.

I want to fit the contents into a new case which is as narrow and shallow as possible. It doesn't matter if it's tall. Would be nice if it was quiet as well of course.

I bought this computer and these parts back in 2011 but it's still going strong! I'm happy to replace one or two of these components or maybe even reduce the number of drives but obviously would prefer not to.

Relevant info:
  • mobo: asus rampage iii extreme (i think this is atx)
  • cpu: i7-990x
  • ram: 6x4gb
  • gfx: 2x geforce gtx580 (these are quite big cards i think)
  • ssd: 3x 2.5"
  • sata: 2x 3.5"
  • burner: 5.25"
  • psu: corsair 1000w pro hx1000
  • cooling: coolit eco c240 alc
I guess the relevant points are the form factor of the board, the size of the gfx cards and the number of drives. Happy to provide more info on request :)

Thanks in advance :)

Associate
Most mid-tower cases should suffice, the Aerocool Aero 300 is very very slim and probably one of the smaller mid-tower cases out there that will still support your dual GTX 580's, and your ATX motherboard.

Associate
If you can live with just the single GTX 580 or you're able to upgrade to a single graphics card then I'd recommend a Thermaltake Core G3 Slim (140mm wide :eek:), which is even thinner, and quite a nice looking case that will still take your ATX motherboard.

Back
Top Bottom