Smartwatch Thread (news/apps/updates)

Soldato
What's the latest Samsung watch currently? I'm starting to notice I get connection issues with my HW2 with my phone (both previous and current phone) and even after a factory reset, it just doesn't feel snappy any more. Playing around with the idea of a Tizen watch and it looks like the Pujie Black watch face now supports them too which is a bonus.

What's the battery life like on them? My HW2 has degraded and only lasts a day and a half even with all of the sensors/gestures turned off.

Associate
Morning,

Jump in on this thread, can anyone recommend a smartwatch around the £200 mark. Shall be paired with an android phone. Cheers

Add onto that, looked at a Huawei Gt2 and the Fitbit Versa 2. Quite like the look of them both.

Soldato
I'm looking for a couple of smart watches, one for me, and one for my son, not after anything fancy, just something that's good with Android, can count steps, measure heart rate, built in GPS, decent battery life, etc.

Would an Amazfit GTS for me and a Bip for him be a good option? They look to be decent for the price. Cheers.

Associate
I'm looking for a couple of smart watches, one for me, and one for my son, not after anything fancy, just something that's good with Android, can count steps, measure heart rate, built in GPS, decent battery life, etc.

Would an Amazfit GTS for me and a Bip for him be a good option? They look to be decent for the price. Cheers.

I had a bip for 2 years and just moved to a GTR, Have had Pebble, microsoft band 2, Huawei watch 1 and 2 inbetween. Bip is fantastic, GTR is a round GTS and good so far, battery life i have had it 8 days and its on 70%. The amazfit non android watches are not like android watches, no calls on watch, no apps. But for my use, Notifcations, sleep tracking, heartrate and battery life its fantastic. Also look at the Huawei watch gt 1/2.

Soldato
I had a bip for 2 years and just moved to a GTR, Have had Pebble, microsoft band 2, Huawei watch 1 and 2 inbetween. Bip is fantastic, GTR is a round GTS and good so far, battery life i have had it 8 days and its on 70%. The amazfit non android watches are not like android watches, no calls on watch, no apps. But for my use, Notifcations, sleep tracking, heartrate and battery life its fantastic. Also look at the Huawei watch gt 1/2.

Thanks for the reply, I think my initial post confused things, I meant a watch that works well with an Android phone, not necessarily an Android watch, doh! ;)

Associate
Looks like the Samsung Galaxy Watch 42 and 46mm have £100 saving at most places, Samsung online offering minimum £50 trade in on any watch too, more so if its a Apple Watch, Fitbit or Garmin

Soldato
Hi, I would like to buy a smart watch for my wife for Christmas, she has an android phone but the watch will mostly be used for the fitness stuff so steps, heart rate etc
Battery life will be important too

I don't want to spend much more than a hundred really, is there a go to at this price range?

Thanks

Associate
Nearly 6 months with my Galaxy Watch now. Was kind of an impulse purchase when I got my S10, but really glad I got it. The OS is by no means perfect, but it looks great, battery life is an easy 4-5 days, Samsung Pay is a nice feature, it's just an all round good device.

I can't say how it works with non Samsung devices, but if you are on Samsung, I'd recommend it for sure.

Soldato
Nearly 6 months with my Galaxy Watch now. Was kind of an impulse purchase when I got my S10, but really glad I got it. The OS is by no means perfect, but it looks great, battery life is an easy 4-5 days, Samsung Pay is a nice feature, it's just an all round good device.

I can't say how it works with non Samsung devices, but if you are on Samsung, I'd recommend it for sure.
I never had a Samsung device with either of my tizen os watches and they all work great. My favourite smart watch for sure.

Soldato
Smart Watch experts!
So at the moment, the Galaxy Watch is available for £179 directly from Samsung and they are also offering various trade-in prices including "£50 for any other watch"
When you read through the terms and conditions it says the watch must be working, switch on, hold charge, no cracks etc. but as for make/model it does just say "Misc, Any Watch".

Has anybody taken advantage of this? And....more importantly....are there any cheap & cheerful watches on for example Ebay, costing minimal coin that would satisfy the "Any other watch" requirement?
I mean - take this for example:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Y1-Water...Fr-Samsung-Android-LG-Huawei-lot/113147794253
£8.68 - are they going to give me £50 trade-in for something like that?

Soldato
There's a hotukdeals thread on this where they provided a link to a watch for £2.75 or something silly. The seller then caught on and whacked his prices up to £3.50 or thereabouts!

But it seems that the 'send off any old guff for fifty quid off' works fine. Obviously ymmv but definitely worth a punt.

Soldato
Cheers - managed to find the thread myself. Found a"Smart Watch" on Ebay - well it tells the time, monitors heart and it even has a SIM slot in it! - £6 delivered.
So I've ordered one of those and added "An other watch" as a trade in. So hopefully looking at £135 all in.

*Edit*
£10 Quidco - so £125 all in.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom