Smartwatch Thread (news/apps/updates)

Soldato
Getting a good 24hrs between charges. Better than my SW3 has been for the last year, as I don't wear it at night it goes on my charging dock.

Soldato
Getting a good 24hrs between charges. Better than my SW3 has been for the last year, as I don't wear it at night it goes on my charging dock.
tha'ts pretty bad.

my over a year old gear S3 still pulls through 2 days with heavy use so I'd say that's pretty bad all in! some of the fitbits get 5-7 days.

Soldato
tha'ts pretty bad.

my over a year old gear S3 still pulls through 2 days with heavy use so I'd say that's pretty bad all in! some of the fitbits get 5-7 days.
But.... S3 is double the price. And fitbits aren't smartwatches .fitness trackers have always had good battery lives.

Soldato
Probably going to sell my barely 5 month old S3 Frontier. Whilst I love it, I just don't use it enough to warrant having one period. I also find my crappy old Fitbit Charge HR a lot more accurate on the heart rate monitoring aspect. It has made me miss my non-smartwatches more instead for the most part.

Soldato
I'm after a WearOS watch with GPS and NFC. The Huawei Watch 2 Sport seems to fit the bill but are there any watches with similar specs on the horizon?

I would wait, most of the current WearOS devices are using a very old chipset and there's upcoming devices on the horizon using Qualcomm's new SoC designed for wearables.

I have the LG Watch Sport and I can't wait to get rid of it. Whilst it's full of tech, it's just too bulky and most of my shirt sleeves do not fit over it. I really just want to watch that I can use during the day casually and for fitness (tracking/streaming songs using SIM card/audio through wireless headphones). For me, having a separate watch for fitness and casual use is pointless.

The other thing that annoys me about the LG Watch Sport is the stupid crown. I wear my watches on my left wrist and I'm forever pushing the crown in when I'm bending my wrist, meaning the watch ends up launching Google assistant and it then talking out loud.

Why oh why can't someone make a Wear OS watch with the new Qualcomm hardware and a rotating bezel?! I was excited about the prospect of Samsung apparently doing a Gear S4 with Wear OS but that's not happening going by the latest reports.

Associate
Why oh why can't someone make a Wear OS watch with the new Qualcomm hardware and a rotating bezel?! I was excited about the prospect of Samsung apparently doing a Gear S4 with Wear OS but that's not happening going by the latest reports.

What's the advantage of a rotating bezel?

Associate
After turning off the ability to make and receive calls via the watch I'm now getting 72hrs from the device...

Is that the Ticwatch E?

You mentioned that you had a SW3 before that. I've got one and I'm happy with it for the moment.

But, how do you think the two compare in terms of looks, functionality etc.?

Soldato
Is that the Ticwatch E?

You mentioned that you had a SW3 before that. I've got one and I'm happy with it for the moment.

But, how do you think the two compare in terms of looks, functionality etc.?

The SW3 for me was lacking apps not working properly and battery life had gone to less than 24hrs (even when charging from power off due to the battery drain bug in the firmware (known about by Sony but completely ignored))

The Ticwatch E is totally different even the way it interacts with the phone is cleaner less demanding (Bluetooth and WiFi connection) interface is really quick and the ability to have a keyboard and type a reply from the watch is awesome especially when you don't have your phone near by..

Associate
The SW3 for me was lacking apps not working properly and battery life had gone to less than 24hrs (even when charging from power off due to the battery drain bug in the firmware (known about by Sony but completely ignored))

The Ticwatch E is totally different even the way it interacts with the phone is cleaner less demanding (Bluetooth and WiFi connection) interface is really quick and the ability to have a keyboard and type a reply from the watch is awesome especially when you don't have your phone near by..

Sounds good, but I don't think I'll need the keyboard aspect.

How does it look and feel physically in comparison to the SW3?

I like the round style, but in in the photos I've seen it looks quite large/thick. How does it feel wearing it after moving from an SW3?

Back
Top Bottom