Smell of Petrol / Side Effects of extended inhalation

Associate
Troll Harder?

If not ventilate the room and clean up the spilt fuel using sand. Prolonged Exposure can cause the systems your suggesting. It probably won't do any long term damage unless it happens every day.

Soldato
Anyway, apparently the likely effects are just depression, liver and kidney enlargement, agressiveness and a chance for your testicles to fall of. So, good job in sitting there.

Edit: Oh, and brain damage, but I don't think you need to worry about that.

Soldato
Petrol also contains known carcinogens. Breathing it in is not recommended. In fact, I find it amusing that we're allowed to pump it into our cars and sometimes splash it everywhere, but when I'm working in the chemistry labs it shouldn't be taken out of the fume hood and you should really avoid skin contact if possible.

Associate
Petrol also contains known carcinogens. Breathing it in is not recommended. In fact, I find it amusing that we're allowed to pump it into our cars and sometimes splash it everywhere, but when I'm working in the chemistry labs it shouldn't be taken out of the fume hood and you should really avoid skin contact if possible.

Probably because your in an enclosed space, where as, most petrol stations are not enclosed :D

Soldato
Probably because your in an enclosed space, where as, most petrol stations are not enclosed :D

I don't disagree, but I think I breathe in a lot more when going to fill up compared to in the labs! I think it shows that people and the government even, only care about H&S when there's something to gain.

Back
Top Bottom