SN25p watercooled?

Permabanned
OP
Danamic said:
My CPU FSB is only at 225MHz (RAM doesnt run any higher at 2-2-2-5 than that) and underload this will produce temps of ~54C.

hmm, not liking that stat.

I get 40 load at 3ghz on air

hoping for silence and better temps with the water setup

Associate
welshtom:

my load is after about 8 hours of encoding plus I have a 130nm fabbed CPU which requires more volts and so more heat. My CPU idles at about 34C and about 47C if Im playing CS.

If you are going to put a X1900 into the shuttle then you would probably have to place the reservoir where the CPU normally blows out, although I had difficulties trying to place it there.

As Goksly said, if you have a decent graphics card in the water loop, Im not even sure if a 120mm rad would be able to get rid of the 250W+ created at full load (FX60 + X1900XTX) if you have an internal reservoir.

If you want a quiet PC, I would just stick with a non watercooled shuttle or go for the Zalman Reserator (having that thing dwarf you shuttle would be strange).

Pics to follow tonight when I get home.

Permabanned
OP
Danamic said:
welshtom:

my load is after about 8 hours of encoding plus I have a 130nm fabbed CPU which requires more volts and so more heat. My CPU idles at about 34C and about 47C if Im playing CS.

Fair enough, still fairly high though.

If you are going to put a X1900 into the shuttle then you would probably have to place the reservoir where the CPU normally blows out, although I had difficulties trying to place it there.

why would anyone try to put a res in there too?

As Goksly said, if you have a decent graphics card in the water loop, Im not even sure if a 120mm rad would be able to get rid of the 250W+ created at full load (FX60 + X1900XTX) if you have an internal reservoir.

It may get warm yea, a lot of heat going into it. should be ok with a decent rad though. I suppose only time will tell. I've used and seen systems with a similar spec on a single rad.

If you want a quiet PC, I would just stick with a non watercooled shuttle or go for the Zalman Reserator (having that thing dwarf you shuttle would be strange).

I had a quiet pc (watercooled stacker, dual loop. everything watercooled pretty much (except ram + hdd). 3.2ghz opty + x1800, then x1900.) . Then i went back to phase cooling and now im onto shuttles!

Dont talk to me about reserators, prob be worse than the ICE system. :p......You're pretty new around here so you prob dont know im more of a performance guy than an aesthetics guy (see overclocking section, namely super pi table, highest over clock and all the 3dmark tables).

Be nice to see your pics though!! What pump you using? I will have a csp-mag in mine.

Tom

Soldato
I ran a pentium D 830 and a 6800ultra on a 120.1, the temps were fine, especially considering 2 of the hottest running components you can get.

I wouldn't be suprised if the 80mm rad and the pointless ram cooling wasn't knackering your temps.. the ram is completely uneccessary.

Back
Top Bottom