Snooker final **SPOILERS**

Man of Honour
Awesome. Obviously happy to see Higgins win, but both guys deserved it, two fantastic players. Completely forgot this was on and only caught the final 4 or 5 frames. Super exciting stuff:)

Caporegime
I thought it was a good final but not the best there's ever been. I couldn't believe how worked up they were getting on tv. I thought either player could've won it but Higgins had a bit more luck on the night.

Man of Honour
Yeah the thing is whenever there's a good, close match they always come out with the superlatives like "WOW.... this has gotta be one of the best finals EVER!!!".... and yet after a few years most people have forgotten about them and the cycle repeats again.

Taylor vs Davis will always be regarded as THE classic final I think, even though it arguably might not have been the best from a pure snooker POV (even Davis himself admits that the standard of play in the 80s wasn't all that compared to the modern game).

Caporegime
Berserker said:
Probably - though you'll have to wait a while. The 1985 Davis v Taylor final beats it for sheer edge of seat terror, but not by much. :)

The sheer terror for me is seeing taylor in those mega-glasses wagging his finger. I cringe every time I see it.

Man of Honour
Next time there's a final like this, we better plan the extra bandwidth in advance...

OcUK_SA_060122.png

:p :D

Soldato
I didnt see it between 9:30 and 11 :( Managed to catch it just as Higgins potted the last red ball. From his performance this afternoon he deserved the win. IMO anyone who can keep up with Ronnie when he is playing well deserves to win something, i really felt sorry for Stephen Lee when he lost. I knew i should have taped this.

This might be a stupid question, but is that the masters scrapped or is it moving to a new venue?

Back
Top Bottom