Snowbombing - Who's been?

Soldato
never been but looks amazing. if you're into snow sports, music and partying and can afford it!

i went snowboarding for the first time last month. brilliant, very exhilarating but punishing on the body when you're learning. if i'm lucky i'll get to try it again :p :)

Soldato
It would be good if thats your sort of thing.

My priority when going on a snowboard holiday is snowboarding first, nightlife after.
You can have a good night with your mates in pretty much any resort.
Not that they choose bad resorts, just that its almost guarenteed to be busy and prices are probably much higher than usual.

Go for a normal snowboarding holiday and put the money saved towards going to a music festival in the summer. Best of both worlds.

Oh, and good luck if your going by coach. I'v done that, Glasgow -> Val Thorens, 28 hours, horrific :(

Last edited:
Soldato
May aswel just use the time to board. Especially if they have floodlit slopes that stay open use the money left over to go to a festival another time.

Soldato
They often hold it in Mayrhofen, which is a great resort.

I've never been to Snowbombing, but the general impression I get and from the coverage I've seen, it's more for people who are into partying, the Skiing/Snowboarding comes second to it. There are many who don't even do it, or have little experience.

It's more for the same crowd which might party all night and then sleep it off under the sun in Ibiza. The trouble in a ski resort is that you are doing an active sport, it's tiring enough without all the drinking and hangovers!

Caporegime
It's enough of a thrill just heading up to Val Thorens and heading over to Le Folie Douce on an afternoon on the slopes.

Epic party atmosphere, great live sets, and snowsports :cool:

Just got back from a week.

Associate
It's enough of a thrill just heading up to Val Thorens and heading over to Le Folie Douce on an afternoon on the slopes.

Epic party atmosphere, great live sets, and snowsports :cool:

Just got back from a week.

Ive just got back from two weeks in Val D they have a Folie Douce amazing atmosphere :D

I've looked at doing snowbombing before, it is over priced and guaranteed to be busy. As has been said, go on a normal ski holiday with your mates, then put the money saved towards a festival, even if Glastonbury isn't on this year :(

Last edited:
Soldato
I thought about going, the lineup was great on the one last year. Unfortunately none of my friends ski or snowboard.

Im off to meribel on saturday for a week so cant wait. Ive never been skiing on the 3 valleys

Back
Top Bottom