So, anyone got an iRobot Roomba or other robot vacuum cleaner?

Don
Yeah, works a treat. I've not had it get stuck in my kitchen chairs since the first time so I don't know if it learns the room layouts or what.

The only spot it has got caught up in a few times is under my bed. At the end of bed the support is a chrome bar that goes the full width and it gets grounded on there and can't get off it again. Other than that it's doing a great job, my carpets are clean and free of fluff, and as I think you said early I can walk bare foot through my flat and not feel anything underfoot. Just a case of emptying it's bin when I get home from work and leave it to it through the day.

Caporegime
OP
Yeah, works a treat. I've not had it get stuck in my kitchen chairs since the first time so I don't know if it learns the room layouts or what.

The only spot it has got caught up in a few times is under my bed. At the end of bed the support is a chrome bar that goes the full width and it gets grounded on there and can't get off it again. Other than that it's doing a great job, my carpets are clean and free of fluff, and as I think you said early I can walk bare foot through my flat and not feel anything underfoot. Just a case of emptying it's bin when I get home from work and leave it to it through the day.

Awesome! I have now reduced mine's schedule to run only on Mondays and Thursdays... seems to be ideal for maintaining my place while reducing wear and tear on the Roomba.

If the Scooba was any good (reviews are pretty average) I'd get one of those too. Maybe the next gen will be better.

Don
Awesome! I have now reduced mine's schedule to run only on Mondays and Thursdays... seems to be ideal for maintaining my place while reducing wear and tear on the Roomba.

If the Scooba was any good (reviews are pretty average) I'd get one of those too. Maybe the next gen will be better.
Yeah was thinking of reducing the schedule back once it had got on top of things as I don't get a packed full bin like I did initially. I was beginning to think it was going to leave my carpets thread bare the way it was going initially.

Soldato
On the strength of this thread I recently ordered a roomba 770 which should arrive early next week. I loathe house work so will be good to let him deal with most of my vacuuming. Only wish he could do stairs as well!

Soldato
770 going strong set him up last night. Bin fills up pretty quick right now but he is also running on a new carpet so the carpet sheds quite a bit at the moment.

Question for you guys, do you leave him on the charging stand when not being used? don't want him to sit there chewing power when not being used really!

Don
Question for you guys, do you leave him on the charging stand when not being used? don't want him to sit there chewing power when not being used really!
It should (at least I hope it does) stop charging once it's fully charged.

Where is the best place to get one from? These sound genuinely lazy but impressive... lol
I got mine direct from iRobot, seemed to offer the best price.

Soldato
would roomba fall down the stairs if left upstairs? is he usefull for hard floors and does he do rough terrain? my floor it tiled and the style of tile is a little rough

Caporegime
My brother had one in Australia, bought it when i was there last year and its pretty neat but essentially a waste of time really. I found it really didnt do a good job of cleaning and kept bumping around and going over the same area over and over.

In fact it didnt last very long, had to take it back to get it replaced just before i left and 3 mths on the replacement died so he just got his money back and bought his wife a dyson which, according to him is much better:p.

Caporegime
Ta daaaa

IMG_20131030_190638_481_zpsb8ab98d5.jpg

Soldato
Bought one for my mum years ago for xmas. Was used every day and she loved it. Only needed to put the big hoover out once every so often.

I had it in my flat in Sydney and also have great things to say about it, got rid of so much crap and with no input from me. Great time saver.

Soldato
iRobot released the Scooba 450 but it doesn't seem to be available in the UK yet. Anyone know anything about it?

I've been looking at a Scooba 390, really fancy getting one but it's a lot of cash and I just haven't pulled the trigger on one yet.
I have 70m2 of marble and it takes ages to sweep and mop which I'd love to do every other day.

Have you had any experience with the Scooba range?

Back
Top Bottom