So...Fight Night then!

Soldato
Hehe.. Absolutely loving this demo!

Graphics are superb but there are a few glitches (camera in replay goes a bit iffy at points).

Currently throwing around loads of punches like theres no tomorrow and my hit percentage is pretty pap (231 puches thrown and only 53% of them landed lol!). No idea how you counter but they look pretty devastating if you time it right.

Never really been into fighting games and never ever played a boxing game but I'll seriously consider buying this.

Associate
It's very good but I still prefer the orginal fight night game tbh, I never liked FNR2 that much and this is somewhat similar (and better so far) with vastly improved graphics and tweaks by the look of it. I'd prefer it if the speed was more realistic, the guys look a bit like there punching in a swimming pool. Honestly, the way the come out in round 1 is like how they should come out in round 7 or 8.

Last edited:
Associate
There wern't any uppercut and body haymakers in the second game were there? T'was just hooks wan't it? The uppercut one seems very powerful indeed.

Soldato
I just love the fact theres no HUD, really adds immersion to the game.

I was thinking at first "How the hell do I know the health state of myself/opponent?"

The commentator, brusing to the fighters, cuts, shoulders dropping, staggering around, the sound of the fighters breathing more heavily are all fantastic indications.

Soldato
da_mic_1530 said:
we lost the last 24 hours of forums, check the general chat section

Oh rite :)

Anyone know where i can get a Hard Drive by looks of it Microsoft dont make them anymore. he he :)

And Pike software thing keeps giving me emails but not in stock. :(

Soldato
Cant say I was overly impressed by the demo, its not bad but I thought apart from a few nice 'sweat' effects on the models the graphics were so-so. I think the textures would actually appear quite poor if it wernt for the fancy effects on top.

Soldato
blueshift said:
Yup i do, dont seem to have much power either, feels like your tapping your opponent??

You're not hitting properly then, use signature moves and uppercuts. If you jab or don't connect properly then all you're gonna do is tire yourself out. When you land a haymaker you'll know about it :D

Soldato
OP
Just played as Roy Jones but it's too hard, the guy is a total wimp :p The speed of the punches is pretty decent to me, you need to hang back and wait for an opening and then send in a flurry of left/right hooks if possible. My best is a full KO by round 2.

Associate
Using a combination of the buttons and the stick is great.. pin then in the corner then hit ABAB and on the last b start making the motion for an uppercut on the analogue stick .. dropped him with that sweet combo.

Then he got up and i elbowed him in the face ¬_¬

Soldato
Does the other boxer learn your fighting style ? It seems a bit like that to me. I could beat Jones easily with Hopkins until recently and now it takes a real effort to beat him. Pretty cool if its got some sort of adaptive AI.

Back
Top Bottom