So...Fight Night then!

Soldato
Mmmm More more.. good work Kainz.. i think the shakeycam adds a certain je ne sais quoi

Looks amazing.. easily one of the best looking games ive ever seen

those are ingame shots yeh.. thats how it looks when you play it... not some after rendering?

Soldato
OP
They're proper ingame shots. The game switches to slow-mo mode as you enter a phase where you've just punished your opponent and can finish him off for a knock down. Thats where I grabbed the cam and took the shots from close up.

Looks so lifelike on VGA, and stupidly lifelike on a 42" plasma at me mates.

Soldato
gord

I can upload my little movie of the game if you want to see how it plays. Its 17mb

Be warned tho, its really cheesy but it is ingame footage of me playing on my LCD.

Man of Honour
InwardSinging said:
Ive a feeling thats a bug davey, on FN2 - that would happen, but it would be through your eyes. Ive found a few other bugs, like sometimes it zooms in and you see the inside of the fighters head, and a couple of other little graphical glitches.
It's absolutely 100% not a bug. It's a mini addition called "I got rocked" - http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/675/675388p2.html

Permabanned
This sounds fun..
At press conferences and weigh-ins, you now have the chance to talk some trash to your opponent. You can get right up in your rival's grill. Does he have bad breath? Then smack him in the face and start a USER-CONTROLLED brawl

:)

Associate
well impressed, Ive been playing rocky on the old cube for the last few days and enjoying that so seeing this was WOW :eek: the punches seem a bit slow but when you pull of combos then it speeds right up so the 360 is well capable of going faster,.. How come you guys can get the choice of boxers on the demo then? I have downloaded it and only get one boxer :confused:

Associate
NokkonWud said:
Left for one fighter, Right for the other.

Red or Blue corner.

I thought left or right just determined if you play boxer on the left side of the screen or the right, ill give it a go.. If you choose the left boxer is it then possible to get him to move around the ring and have him fighting on the right side of the screen?? eg circle the opponent? Thanks

Soldato
I've finally managed to K.O. Bernard Hopkins! He's one tough mofo! Knocked him down once each in the first 3 rounds and twice in the 4th. Can K.O Jones inside 2 rounds but never managed the other way round before, only winning on points. I'm chuffed.

I'm seriously going to think about buying this.

Soldato
Love the demo, i can't stop playing it lol, i would say i've mastered it so far though.
A couple k.o's in the first round with b.hop being the pick of the bunch. Also when playing, if instead of knocking him out when he's dazed, leave him.. repeat this a couple of times and then all of a sudden out of the blue, you'll connect and that's it. No special knock out replay, nothing.... it's good though :)

Can't wait for this game to be released.

Associate
Had some great two player games tonight with a friend, (both fight night veterans) managed to get the first person style view, which was quite cool.
It's damn hard to knock out a good player once they're rocked, they'll just dodge one or two then grab you, i've found the best way to get the final shots in are either run in with some fast bodyshots, or close in and throw a straight one - two as they try to grab on.
If you have them up against the ropes though they're in deep trouble..

I can see some 12 round wars coming my way, can't wait for live \o/

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I am dying for this game to arrive, yet Feb seems so far away :( Can't stop playing it and 2 player is just ridiculous fun right now, it even ended up in a mass argument yesterday when I had some mates round. Apparently one of the controllers de-synch'd with the 360 and stopped working, so the other chap took advantage of the idle boxer in the ring and rained punches on him :p

Associate
Another thing we've also noticed, the commentator is totally infatuated with Roy Jones Jnr, it's just Roy Jones this and Roy Jones that, and the judges too...

I swear to god it's utterly bias towards Roy with the judges, now if the demo was set in Vegas I could understand. :confused:

Back
Top Bottom