So Gordon Brown is a freemasson

Caporegime
Since when is being a Freemason a conspiracy theory all of a sudden? It's not the same as the stone masons in the Simpsons.....
There is nothing overly secretive about the masons, they mainly moan about stuff in their "secret" meetings to make themselves feel better. There are/have been 3 grandmasters within my current family that are still alive. People seem to fear any society which is deemed as secret, yet miss the point that being secret does not mean it is mysterious, it merely means they can control who joins and can feel special about themselves. No one controls how you live your life but yourself.

Not actually true though is it? It is a secret society in so far as members are forbidden to talk about what goes on within the society.

In general although it varies slightly around the world but to become a Freemason you have to follow the following rules:

the candidate promises to act in a manner befitting a member of civilised society, promises to obey the law of his Supreme Being, promises to obey the law of his sovereign state, promises to attend his lodge if he is able, promises not to wrong, cheat nor defraud the Lodge or the brethren, and promises aid or charity to a member of the human family, brethren and their families in times of need if it can be done without causing financial harm to himself or his dependents

I have often wondered though is how somebody can "obey the law of his sovereign state and the the law of his Supreme Being" if they happen to be mutually exclusive?

Soldato
So you're basing your opinion on one person who is sad and bitter?

Oo, web reading. Must be fact!

No insults!, you stick to your little club and make sure when you have a son you drag him along to keep the famliy going.

it's clear as day you are in some low level group, and the web has plenty of facts and fictions my friend.

Caporegime
Not actually true though is it? It is a secret society in so far as members are forbidden to talk about what goes on within the society.

In general although it varies slightly around the world but to become a Freemason you have to follow the following rules:

Which is essentially what people should be looking to do anyway, be nice subjects/citizens and look after others...

(Bearing in mind they appear to be at pains to point out that supreme being doesn't have to mean (christian) God, it can mean the god(s) of any religion, and even athiests)

Caporegime
Which is essentially what people should be looking to do anyway, be nice subjects/citizens and look after others...

(Bearing in mind they appear to be at pains to point out that supreme being doesn't have to mean (christian) God, it can mean the god(s) of any religion, and even athiests)

Quite so, it is never specified so can be God or Mohammed or even Lizard overlord :D

In fact politics and religion are banned discussion topics within a Lodge.

Caporegime
I wasn't refering to the Masons I was referring to the illuminati.

oh riiiiiiight - them.....

Perhaps you've been reading a few too many dan brown novels....

Should say my uncles is a mason so I know what they are about and get up to.

Also i've met a master mason recently and have been out for a few drinks with him and I asked him abou the Illuminati [...] etc...

ask your uncle about this and correct me if I'm wrong - basically anyone in a lodge who's been around a bit is a master mason - and fair few will have been elected the big cheese of the lodge or whatever at some point ... - so basically you met one of your uncle's mates who is just some ordinary random person who happens to be in the same club as your uncle and then asked him to comment on some crackpot conspiracy you have - who cares what he told you - its irrelevant - for all you know he might be as deluded as you.... why is he going to know anything about some supposedly secret group that has nothing to do with the masons anyway?

Soldato
Just looks like Brown grabbed the guys entire wrist by accident.

If you look at the video at 0:18, you can clearly see the white haired man has his at least 3 of his fingers together and curled.

Soldato
ask your uncle about this and correct me if I'm wrong - basically anyone in a lodge who's been around a bit is a master mason - and fair few will have been elected the big cheese of the lodge or whatever at some point ... -

I haven't asked about this yet, but i'm pretty sure you don't automaticaly become a master mason through time served alone. The different degrees are stages of initiation and to move up the ranks you have to undertake them.

dowie said:
so basically you met one of your uncle's mates who is just some ordinary random person who happens to be in the same club as your uncle and then asked him to comment on some crackpot conspiracy you have

Not one of my uncles friends. My uncle lives in the USA and has done for the past 25 years or so and is from a US lodge. The person I met is from a London lodge.

dowie said:
who cares what he told you - its irrelevant - for all you know he might be as deluded as you.... why is he going to know anything about some supposedly secret group that has nothing to do with the masons anyway?

Maybe for the same reason we've heard about the illuminati. Also Freemasons, rightly or wrongly, are often associated with the illuminati and in some cases accused of being controlled by them.

Man of Honour
Also Freemasons, rightly or wrongly, are often associated with the illuminati and in some cases accused of being controlled by them.

So who controls the Illuminati? And who controls the people who control the Illuminati? Are you sure you've found out enough yet? What if the Illuminati are intended to be found out, to hide the people who are really running the world? Except that they are secretly being controlled as well...

M

Associate
So who controls the Illuminati? And who controls the people who control the Illuminati? Are you sure you've found out enough yet? What if the Illuminati are intended to be found out, to hide the people who are really running the world? Except that they are secretly being controlled as well...

M

don't antagonize the conspiracy theorist

Soldato
Can we please just ban Magick. PLEASE. He never, EVER listens to reason. His posts are possibly the most irritating thing on the internet.

I really should stop reading what he writes. :p

Back
Top Bottom