So here's my personal Cancer tale....

Associate
I had a similar experience a few years ago, was felt up by a very attractive female RAF doctor which made it slightly better... Reffered for ultrasound, confirmed as just a cyst. It's still there, unchanged...

Better turn-out than one of my mates from school who had full blown bollock cancer, and after surviving that decided he was gay...

Go figure...

Caporegime
yeah pea on mine im not ashamed :D doctor confirmed cist was very scared before hand.

never had any problem with it since nad doc said it was probably to do with bike riding as i used to do road racing long cycling everyday like 10miles a day .

whether this is true or not dunno

Deleted member 61728

D

Deleted member 61728

Thanks for bringing that to my attention,awareness is the most important thing.

AGD

AGD

Soldato
I have a small sized pea in one of mine , i had it checked out at the doctors and both times they said it was just a cyst.. If i squeeze it , it's painful had it for about 5years now. I also suffer from bouts of groin strain

ditto I had a scan at the hosital too

You know you can have surgery on the nhs to remove the cysts. Just ask your doctor, say it's causing pain/discomfort/embarrassment and they will remove it. Obviously there are small risks associated with the surgery and you'll be sore for a while after it, but if the cyst is large or causes pain then it might be worth it.

Soldato
Permabanned
I've always wondered what a lump on my nuts would actually feel like, I can never tell of its supposed to be there or not.

is it an obvious sort of lump that stands out? or do you really have to rummage about for it?

Soldato
At least it will only hurt half as much when you get kicked in the spuds :)

Glad everything turned out well. My wife had a cancer scare last summer - she noticed a lump on the side of her throat and they seemed certain it was cancer before they had even done any tests. Turned out to be a cyst. Even then they wanted to whip it out just in case. It put us in a difficult position. There was a slight chance (less than 5%) that it could be cancerous, but because of its position and the wife's medical history, there was about the same chance of serious complications from surgery. Fortunately, 12 months on and it has all but vanished.

The wife also went through a similar mental process to you - she decided to donate a very large sum of money to a charity she cared deeply about.

Anyway, all the best!

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Reading this at work and thinking of nipping to the loo for a feel.

Thanks for sharing and raising the awareness. Well worth a donation for your insight at least :)

Back
Top Bottom