So here's my personal Cancer tale....

Associate
That my life would now be an endless set of ball jokes ...

One thing that makes me blow my top is the way male cancers are treated in the media. While things like breast cancer are treated in an adult and serious manner men's cancer is too often dealt with in a juvenile way.

Secondly, and I'm in no way trying to diminish your suffering, IIRC the number of people who actually die from testicular cancer is relatively small compared to something like prostate cancer. However I hear plenty about testicular cancer, probably because the press find it analogous to breast cancer, but prostate cancer not so much - though I suppose things are changing slowly.

Good luck with your recovery. :)

EDIT: Some peace of mind -

crukmig_1000img-13057.jpg

http://info.cancerresearchuk.org/cancerstats/types/testis/index.htm

Last edited:
Soldato
I've always wondered what a lump on my nuts would actually feel like, I can never tell of its supposed to be there or not.

is it an obvious sort of lump that stands out? or do you really have to rummage about for it?

Wouldn't mind a answer to this also. But to be fair if I felt a lump or ache like I have I have and would do again be straight to doctor

Soldato
I want to add to this thread rather than starting a new thread, a few days ago I found a lump near my testicle, I tried to keep quiet and didnt tell anyone I guess I was embarrassed. Anyway woke up this morning with a horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach so I decided to do something about it. I told the misses and she helped me out getting me to the doctors etc. I admit I was utterly crapping myself and the thought of pulling my boxers down infront of a doctor scared me even more looking back now I feel like an idiot but I feel better. He instantly got me blood tests and reassured me it was nothing to panic over and is most likely a cyst.
Anyway I'll be having scans and stuff next week.

I'm praying everythings ok. Also well done Jaffa, inspirational really.

Soldato
I've always wondered what a lump on my nuts would actually feel like, I can never tell of its supposed to be there or not.

is it an obvious sort of lump that stands out? or do you really have to rummage about for it?

Imo you should have a good fiddle around every few weeks, check in the shower as thats when you'll be more errr.. loose. If theres a lump or something out of the ordinary you'll know about it, its very obvious. Don't be ignorant. Check them!

Soldato
Good to hear you are doing well after this matey, best of luck in the challenge :)

Deleted, good to hear they are thinking that things are ok and its just a cyst, best of luck it with all mate, hope it is nothing to worry about.

Soldato
OP
Wow, ok just saw some new dontaoinbs from OcUK people and thought I'd check back what was going on and saw the thread had been ressurrected.

Thanks guys.

So many nice things said - means a lot.

As for what does it feel like. Its like a very ahrd lump protruding from the ball. Not squidgy and sticking out. In my case at least.

I recently transferred my case to St Barts in London, they got me doing more scans etc. I had a type whcih cannot be treated with Chemo or Radio therapy so if ti coems back itsgernalyl bad news. Im having CT's of my abdomen and chest x-rays for the next few years to check its not back. Quite scary, the doc said it was about 1/10 that re-occur which although I know is 90% good still makes you imagine rolling a D10 and guessing a number...

Thanks for all the support, as Abraham said the climb is next weekend, Im all ready, booked a sleeper train to galsgow! work has given me the friday off without me using annual leave, great stuff.

Soldato
for years i have had a Cyst on my left side, a good 6 months back i found a small one on my right, took a trip to the doctors, he says nothing there, i asked to be sent for an ultrasound, he made it happen, the ultrasound scan reported nothing there, but i KNOW there is something there i can feel it, i just dont know what more to do.
My fears are that it is a harmful growth and it has been missed, it is very reassuring to read your story!

I have to ask, can you produce mini Jaffas at this point?
this is not ment in any other way that 100% Serious and genuine.

Soldato
i didn't read anything after the first post so dunno if this has been asked, but have you considered a ball implant? you could probably give yourself a massive set of nuts if you wanted too.. maybe there's some sort of 2 for 1 offer available?

;)

B@

Soldato
OP
for years i have had a Cyst on my left side, a good 6 months back i found a small one on my right, took a trip to the doctors, he says nothing there, i asked to be sent for an ultrasound, he made it happen, the ultrasound scan reported nothing there, but i KNOW there is something there i can feel it, i just dont know what more to do.
My fears are that it is a harmful growth and it has been missed, it is very reassuring to read your story!

I have to ask, can you produce mini Jaffas at this point?
this is not ment in any other way that 100% Serious and genuine.

Ha, yes I should still be able to create the future of the human race if needs be.

I do actually have a prosthetic.

The climb was TOUGH. Really tough. But I did it, 23hrs 55 mins. My god it was hard though.

Thanks so much everyone who has supported me and donated. Its always so encouraging to see.

Back
Top Bottom