So how healthy is your battery?

Soldato
Ouch! How long does that get you?

about 10-20m minutes even using something basic like word.

Not sure what we did to it!

It has nearly always been used connected to the charger - but it has had very poor battery life for a long time.

Iirc it became obvious that it was a dud battery after the warranty expired.

I am not going to pay ~ £100 for a new battery as we rarely make use of the portability - its normally just used in the lounge.

I have already had to replace the charger as it stopped delivering power - so i would like to avoid spending too much on an ageing computer. Could a dodgy charger have damaged the battery?

Associate
a8lVH.jpg

White Macbook, used mainly at the office as I use the PC at home. I keep it plugged in most of the time and when I do run it off battery, I'll drain it.

Associate
Humm i cycled the battery a few times and have managed to get it up from 81% to this

Screenshot2010-04-23at130748.png

Whether it will stay like that, who knows...

Soldato
Mine is completely brown bread. Again. I replaced my 2006 MacBook with a unibody MBP a while back so since then it's been in a box. I decided to dig it out over the weekend because it's all well and good using VMs, but I wanted some actual "bare metal" to do stuff on. How annoyed was I to find the battery just wouldn't wake up and start charging.

I'm wondering whether or not they'll just laugh if I ask for another replacement battery.

Associate
20100511-cbbhgrq67dmwpsqkites69hn16.jpg

MacBook Core Duo (2006) but on its second battery bought in January last year. The first battery got slowly worse until it would barely last 30mins.

*Edit*

Ha my Mac is now 4 years old! :D

Last edited:
Soldato
I've been very pleased with my MacBook's battery - it's 42 months old, has 537 cycles and last week was working perfectly with a health of 98% (4943 of 5020) and returning over 3 hours of normal use.

I hadn't used it for over a week and I guess the battery went totally flat - today it seems dead. At first the machine wouldn't even recognise it. Now it flits from (Calculating...) to (10:00) to (Not Charging). CoconutBattery originally said Current Battery Charge was 0 mAh. Over the last half hour that has climbed to 15mAh, but it's certainly not right.

Is it totally dead or will it recover after a few hours?

Is there any better option than buying a new £88 battery?

How much is a 42 month old 13" MacBook (2.0GHz C2D, 2GB, 80GB, SuperDrive) worth without a battery?

Soldato
BUMP!
Been playing about with this old Powerbook before I hand it to the sister for school/generic internet type stuff.
Seems fast enough with a new Tiger install on it, just waiting to upgrade the memory. :)

Picture1.png

For it's age, it's not seen anything like the usage as others on here...
Battery was attrocious at first, after calibrating, seems very decent for it's age.

Soldato
Brand new ebay special battery original battery had 8% of capacity left and was pretty much useless.

picture1veq.png

Get around 3.5 hrs general usage out of this, bargain at £30

Back
Top Bottom