SO how many are upgrading from the 4s to the 5 ?

Soldato
If you are whats your reasons?

improved games real racing looks ace.!?

improved speed? etc

Or have you decided to go to a different platform or waiting on the iphone 6 ?

Associate
Gonna keep with my 64gb 4s for the time being and see how Ee launch there 4g tariffs in the future, I can only see bigger screen/new connector/4g features and lighter, have I missed anything?

Man of Honour
I have a Galaxy S 3 and will be most likely getting an iPhone 5 as well.

I'm in no real hurry, so will wait to study the reviews before deciding anything - if the battery life isn't much better then I might not bother - but I expect it to be better.

I think the Galaxy S 3 is a brilliant - near flawless - phone, if you like Android. I do like Android but I don't use the more advanced features of it, my phone use - despite me buying many phones and fiddling with all aspects of them - is quite limited in reality. I mostly just browse, for which I think Safari is excellent, check things like Twitter and read various news apps. Obviously a good camera and video recording are important, too, as well as actual phone functions.

The more computer-like functions of Android are often lost on me. I don't need them, I actually quite enjoy the simplistic nature of iOS, that's what heavy phone use/tinkering will eventually do to some people. I'm just bored of it and want a nice simple interface. People often bring up the more fancy features - such as gaming with a PS3 controller on your phone, but usually as a stick to beat iOS with rather than them genuinely finding them useful. I certainly wouldn't find such things useful at all.

I also miss iOS apps, Android apps are generally fine but more than a fair share of them are ad-supported and many of them aren't well optimised for the top end phones, and feel like they're made for a cheaper phone - because they probably are. I also like the hassle-free, reliable nature of Apple's firmware updates.

I also think the design is in a different league, it's fantastic and I do enjoy a premium product. The S3 isn't badly made by any means, but it doesn't scream quality like the iPhone does.

I'll probably get a Lumia 920 as well, that looks to be a very impressive phone, but again, whether I go for it will be based on reviews, then I'll see which I settle with out of the three (S3/iP5/920).

The new LG phone on the horizon sounds very impressive but it's LG so will most likely be somewhat of a let-down overall. There's also the fact I use my iPad quite a lot and like the way the phone ties into it via iCloud/Photo Stream, etc.

Soldato
I am, because of the hand-down system in our household.

I'll hand my 4S to my girlfriend, and we'll trade in her 4 towards a 5.

Soldato
No, not going to bother upgrading. I'd rather put the £700 towards a nice holiday. There's not enough new in the iPhone 5 to make it a worthwhile upgrade for me.

Soldato
I handed my 4S down to someone and bought an S3 to replace it.

A week later buyers regret kicked in majorly returned s3 now no phone until iphone5

Wouldn't be upgrading if i had kept my 4S but its going to be nice to have a slight change.

Soldato
I'm not. Not because it isn't a good phone. It is. I just don't need the latest & greatest anymore. My current 4 still does everything I want so why not get at least another year out of it?

Associate
Have ordered the 5 but still in two minds really as the 4S is a lovely phone and does everything I need it to. It would make far more economic sense to wait for the 5S.

I could even get the N9 which I have always hankered after with the money saved and use that as a second phone.

Will probably just get the 5 though . . . . . . . :)

Associate
I've always had the "S" iPhone so wanted to realign myself with the hardware redesign iPhone. So if the pattern follows as previous I won't be upgrading til iPhone 6.

Associate
I don't think the 5 is groundbreaking as the 4 was when it first came out but i might as well upgrade anyway.

I will also be handing down the 4S to the missus.

Associate
Going from a 4s to iPhone 5, I just like trying the latest tech also you get the best value from new tech if you buy at launch. My only gripe is the new connector but I suppose it had to happen sooner or later.

Back
Top Bottom