So, I pushed a bit harder at Combe today (Japfest)

Associate
to be honest drexel i'd say to smooth out the two stub ends that are left into mini-corner bumpers and leave the gap across the middle.. not having it there shows off the fmic / radiator much better :)

Permabanned
karoshi said:
to be honest drexel i'd say to smooth out the two stub ends that are left into mini-corner bumpers and leave the gap across the middle.. not having it there shows off the fmic / radiator much better :)

It also means that the intercooler is the first thing to hit anything ;)

*n

Mic

Mic

Soldato
karoshi said:
I was thinking the same earlier. He might ahve to do some stiffening of the corners though, as when travelling they might bend and crack.

Great sig btw

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
OP
I like my mutated frog eyes :(

karoshi said:

Funnily enough I thought the same thing at first, but the from another angle it looks a bit akward as the 'nose cone' part sticks out a bit far with nothing underneath it.

Soldato
DSC00151.JPG

click the link next to full size for 3000x2300 goodness :D

http://www.carpron.com/multisite/v/...mkii_red/steve/japfest+2006/DSC00151.JPG.html

Associate
but the from another angle it looks a bit akward as the 'nose cone' part sticks out a bit far with nothing underneath it.

looking at the other pictures i can see what you mean.. damn you were lucky though that that much of the lower lip came off and didn't put too many dents and scratches in the upper part :eek:

are there any aftermarket ones that have the open area for the rad going further towards the bottom lip?

It also means that the intercooler is the first thing to hit anything

yeah i realise that but half of it is on show anyway so i figured it must be tough enough to take hits from everyday debris?

plus i've seen pictures from jap cars with either fmics or oil cooler rads mounted outside of the front bumper recently.. with pipe work coming out of the grille?

:)

Mic

Mic

Soldato
looking at it with the new pics, its only the very bottom that's damaged. everything else is poi'fect.

my idea?
There bust be numerous front lips for the rex. not full bumpers, just lips. get one, put it on the bottom of your damaged bumper, bit of cuttin and filler and BAM! custom/cheapo fix.

dam, typing long posts ona pda sucks. means I don't have to get out of bed though \o/

Soldato
That's definately repairable i'd say dude. A few years ago i had a mate with a Vdub that had fibreglass body panels, he pulled half of the front drivers side wing apart (a nasty break) on one of those security post things. Took it to some fibreglass place in brum, £90 later it was in perfect shape ready for spraying. I think you have a sexy bumper there, worth saving :p.

Back
Top Bottom