So if I did this, would I be breaking the law?

Associate
Soldato
That's if you were going to charge the person to get it unclamped, I wasn't saying charge all you do is to clamp the car as its on private ground displaying the notice. Then the next day unclamp the car no one would return after that.

No. It is an offence to clamp cars regardless of charge. It is an offence to clamp, tow, block-in or immobilise a vehicle without lawful authority on private land under the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012.

OcUK Staff
Buy a cheap £100 car, something nasty, park it on said private land (don't bother insuring) as you don't care if it got stolen or abused, no need to tax, just sorn it (private land) and when said offenders take parking space, strategically use shed of a car to block them in and just leave it there for 48hrs.

Make sure you leave it in gear and park brake on, be harder for them to move, worse case they smash the window to move it out the way, see if that works, everytime they return, put said car back to block them in. :D

Once your goal is achieved, get the car collected by scrap man.

Man of Honour
Buy a cheap £100 car, something nasty, park it on said private land (don't bother insuring) as you don't care if it got stolen or abused, no need to tax, just sorn it (private land) and when said offenders take parking space, strategically use shed of a car to block them in and just leave it there for 48hrs.

Make sure you leave it in gear and park brake on, be harder for them to move, worse case they smash the window to move it out the way, see if that works, everytime they return, put said car back to block them in. :D

Once your goal is achieved, get the car collected by scrap man.

Take the wheels off and leave it on stands too :p

Man of Honour
Signs don't work, had this problem at my parents a policeman said to my dad let the tyres down.

You could get a sign saying cars will be clamped as long as its in clear view you would have every right to clamp them.

If you can block the car in and don't move it till the next day, My dad did this to someone last year the person knew not to park there, so this person thought she would phone up the police, Police didn't come out as soon as they knew it was private.

So you've already been corrected about clamping, but letting tyres down would also be criminal damage, so that's not advisable either.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Anything you do that might damage their car is a dangerous game. If there are 5 spaces they have a very small selection of cars to get their own back on before they stop parking there. You would struggle to prove it was them as well.

Back
Top Bottom