So if I did this, would I be breaking the law?

Associate
If you dont have any signage saying its a private car park, then why wouldnt people park there! Have you considered the people parking in there dont think there doing anything wrong? if you put a sign up they probably wont park there anymore.

Soldato
I'd be looking at fitting either a gate or some bollards to stop people accessing the car park, you could go the other way and let them park there for a up front fee providing they stop blocking other vehicles.

Associate
All of these solutions sound like a lot of effort, why not let nature work for you.....just put some stale bread crumbs on the car and let the birds do their "business". The owners of said car will soon get tired of a dirty car.

Caporegime
One important point about criminal damage is that it "need not be permanent". The classic example is throwing eggs at a window, it has been damaged although it could be washed away.

By letting the air out of the tyres you have impaired the vehicle.

Trespass is civil, criminal damage is obviously, criminal. Police aren't interested in the former.

so if a neighbours dog has damaged a fence which both of you own. is refusing to fix said fence. then would the police be interested under criminal damage? it was also their fence to damage?

Associate
I would just block them in and make them wait over 60 minutes to be allowed out, when you do let them escape point out to them that it's private property and show them the sign.

Soldato
maybe you could just copy "parking eye's" signage or other and see if that deters them. Maybe the thought that they may get charged might deter them.

Soldato
I used to rent parking spaces from the obvious parking websites. I used to make sure that the person renting it had the authority to rent out their space which sometimes wasn't specifically allocated in a particular spot (I'm guessing most people don't bother to check). Didn't stop neighbours getting in a hump about it which made little to no sense and the person ended up losing £60 per month on a parking sport they never used.

Now I just stick to people renting out driveways when I need to park in an occasional location. For regular parking like work just stick to properly maintained car parks now even if it is a bit further to walk and marginally more expensive.

Soldato
I had this problem before and I almost got arrested because someone left a scooter on my parking spot for 10 hours and I went there to put a lock on his scooter, but some police officers just came around the corner and saw me trying to put the lock.
They said I could be arrested for criminal damage if the scooter's owner said that I did any scratch to it and the only reason they were not going to arrest me is because I had reasonable cause to be doing what I was doing, I even left a note with my mobile number.
I asked what could I do in this situation, they said basically nothing you have no rights to intervene with a vehicle, the only LEGAL thing that you can actually do is block the guy in and if they try to do something to your vehicle than you can get them done for criminal damage.

Last edited:
Associate
Having a parking space can be a nightmare, I rent a flat and below is a business with a space when they close we are allowed to use it after 6pm, its even in our contract but their cleaner comes and parks in it even though i have repeatedly told the cleaner after 6 its our parking.

Sounds like the cleaner is just trying to do their job?

Not really when the cleaner isn't allowed to park in the space after 6 as its for the tenant plus the cleaner doesn't need to park there to do the job.

The agency I'm with has spoke to the landlord about this which stopped the cleaner parking there for a bit, We were told the cleaner shouldn't be arriving at 6.

We said yes to this place because it had parking.

Seems my problem is over with, the cleaner now comes at 8AM the time that was told to her by the owner of the business.

Soldato
Does anything tell any one not to use the car park? If not then tough titties be hard for you to do anything

Don't get me wrong parking like a dick is annoying but if people do park there and park fare not really doing anything, if you did anything to there car be prepared for them to do something back could easily drag on.

EDIT: just re read thread saw above about sign, I still wouldn't touch any of the cars mind, could get cctv and report each car that doesn't live there to police and just keep doing it, eventually police will probably have a word with the car owners.

All I can think off well except putting up a gate if possible that only people who live there have access to

Last edited:
Associate
Just thought of this thread.

O Dear, the car park i normally park in has been closed for some reason so i have been parking down some other road, this morning i parked up and got out and this woman came out off her house got in her car and started following me down the road she was filming me while she was driving lol.

Soldato
Just thought of this thread.

O Dear, the car park i normally park in has been closed for some reason so i have been parking down some other road, this morning i parked up and got out and this woman came out off her house got in her car and started following me down the road she was filming me while she was driving lol.
Film her filming you whilst she's driving then send it to the feds.

Or alternatively poo through her letterbox.

Associate
LoL the letterbox sounds great, I don't know why she came out like that filming me walking while she was driving, Silly woman doesn't she know its illegal to be on the phone while driving, I just stood there smiling so funny.

Back
Top Bottom