So Its happenened - wife left me.

Soldato
OP
fatiain said:
Don't forget, we have a huuuuge collective shoulder here mate. Best of British today.

Thanks.. :)

She wont stop me seeing the kids i dint think. She still wants me to attend the antenatal scan with her and be at the birth so maybe there is still hope.

My worry is that, who is going to want to start going out with a guy whose got 2 kids already and another on the way.

Plus, how would a future girlfriend feel about me being at the birth - or her boyfriend if she has one.

I think if im honest i cant be 100% certain that getting back together is the right thing to do anymore.

Im just a bit confused now :(

Man of Honour
Thats understandable Meatloaf.

I have been through a painful split so I know what it's like. I have said before that I split from my ex and found my father dead within the space of 7 days and I was at the lowest ebb of my life just about.

My point is that I got through it and I am certainly not superhuman so if I can that means you can too. I hope it works out for you both and if it doesn't, it is not the end of the world believe me.

I am on MSN and e-mail if you want to chat .... anytime. :)

Associate
Yes, because she's obviously not in love with you any more. I can see it, and just about everyone else here can see it. It's just a shame for you that you can't, and there's no point starting these threads if you're going to seek sympathy and advice and then just going to shoot yourself in the foot repeatedly. She is giving off every sign of being through with you, she's cheated, you don't make love any more, she finds reason to fall out with you over the most ridiculous things and with the most feeble excuses.

I'll lay it down to you as I see it. You annoy her, you irritate her because she doesn't feel the love for you any more and so all of your little niggly bad points that lovers accept are no longer acceptable. She knows that you can wrap you round her little finger if she needs a fall-back and she holds all of the emotional cards.

You deserve better yet I can't see you ever getting it if you treat yourself like this.
Richdog speaks the truth here, I spent years being treated like a mug 'trying to make it work' before I came to my senses (partly thanks to counselling), and divorced my wife. It takes two to make a marriage work, you can't make up for her lack of feelings towards you and things will get better for you given a bit of time.
Best of luck to you, there's several people here who have been through similar situations and are now doing OK, so don't despair !

Soldato
OP
Well she has been to collect her stuff. She didnt really give a reason.

I packed it up for her and she loaded it in the car. I was really strong and i didnt cry but it still hurts like hell.

And at least i saw my daughter emma.

Just the money side of things to sort out now.

If anyones near port vale club tonight feel free to dropin, in in the karaoke final tonight with £500 up for grabs.

Associate
Good luck for the final! Glad to see you were able to be strong and reasonable for helping her move her belongings. I'm sure this is a very hard time for you and probibly will be for along time to come but your doing the right things, hope the next few weeks your able to cope. Were always here to rant at or moan at :)

Associate
Well she has been to collect her stuff. She didnt really give a reason.

I packed it up for her and she loaded it in the car. I was really strong and i didnt cry but it still hurts like hell.

Good stuff mate - hold your head high :)

I am going through a similar thing atm - my Wife and I separated just before Xmas - life is tough but I promise every day does get easier.

Good luck for tonight :)

Associate
Seriously good luck with the karaoke tonight. You are lucky you have at least one interest that gets you out and about, and enables you to meet people. My ex walked out on me a few years back now, and threatened to take our 1 year old with her.

As it happens we managed to sort things out amicably and now we have little Jessica half the week each. It still hurts like hell, and you won't ever forget but you have to move on and concentrate on what you want to do.

What about joining a band and playing gigs. I seriously wish I could sing as I would be out rocking some live gigs.

Good luck whatever happens dude.

Associate
Really Sorry to hear about your wife leaving you but remember the children are going to be missing you and what ever the situation the answer is not in the bottom of a bottle
hope you get to see your kids soon

Soldato
OP
Dont worry, i wont turn to drink and go silly, shes not worth it.

Im sure theres light at the end of the tunnel, in fact, some girl has already asked for my number.

For the 1st time in 5 or 6 years i feel good about myself. I will let you know later what happens in the compo. :)

Soldato
Just read this whole thread, its nice to see that you are starting to feel a bit better now and feeling good. Hope you do well tonight m8, keep strong :)

Permabanned
MeatLoaf said:
I didnt win! There was 4 professional singer in it! Certainly not fair but never mind at least i got £25

£25 more than I got tonight. :)

Glad you've attracted some female interest already, but go steady.

Oh and "accidentally" send a nice text meant for your new lady friend to the wife, and then casually apologise for the mistake. ;)

Caporegime
Good luck Meatloaf, and heed others advice, take it VERY slow with any new women, don't go feet first into anything as it's far too soon and it'll take you a good while to recover from this episode!

Back
Top Bottom