So i've finally got my little beauty

Soldato
The HTC Universal aka XDA Exec/M5000/MDA Pro/The beast, it's great but it's lacking in programs atm.

It's Tmobile branded first thing i want to do is rid myself of this vodaphone stuff. Update the firmware etc...

Also are there any fan sites or community sites out there that deal with this phone, i've tried to google but it has too many names! :(

Likes of k700i universe etc...

Any help muchly appriciated.

Associate
I just got my MDA Pro today as well. I'm still in two minds about keeping it as it's a bit bulky and perhaps too much for my needs. Internet isn't as good as I'd hoped either, maybe I was expecting too much.

In terms off apps, has anyone tried Minimo?

May get the Vario with Co-Pilot instead, seems like a more sensible option.

al

Associate
Alasdair,

Have you switched to VGA yet? This is the single biggest flaw with the phone, it ships with a VGA screen but actually upscales a 320x240 screen!!!

What a stupid thing to do.

Download ozVGA and run it with default settings and then try the internet, brilliant I think you'll find (except for poopy javascript and CSS issues!)

Here's my desktop.

london75-Phone.jpg

And here is IE

london75-Phone2.jpg

Compression ruins the sharpness of the screenies I'm afraid.

Soldato
are you running WM5 on that? Noticed the profiles you have setup there, is that an external app to do that as I cant seem to find anythng like that in the XDA Mini S, one thing I would like as just having the volume slider is a bit, well, gay...

Oh, also, nice theme, any linkys? :p

Associate
Oi, my Baby Daisy owns Dino!!!

To answer the questions, it is running WM5 with Wisbar Advance (well worth £6 although use the trial first to see if you like it). The skin is one I downloaded from the Wisbar forums.

Profiles is a free app called PPPCProfiles (I think it's that many P's) from modaco's forums I think.

There's loads of free stuff about although the profiles one is one of the best I think.

Also get hold of PHM powertoys as there is loads of useful stuff. I just need to find a today screen app launcher that I like now.

Soldato
Buttons said:
Oi, my Baby Daisy owns Dino!!!

To answer the questions, it is running WM5 with Wisbar Advance (well worth £6 although use the trial first to see if you like it). The skin is one I downloaded from the Wisbar forums.

Profiles is a free app called PPPCProfiles (I think it's that many P's) from modaco's forums I think.

There's loads of free stuff about although the profiles one is one of the best I think.

Also get hold of PHM powertoys as there is loads of useful stuff. I just need to find a today screen app launcher that I like now.

thanks for that, quite neat, although it doesnt go so well with my theme, still its useful.

On the today screen thing, Im using SPB Pocket Plus, which is quite good, customisable etc etc.

Associate
Alasdair said:
Using OzVGA, I've had to hard reset on boot, as the keyboard isn't recognised for entering my PIN and password. Any suggestions?

As far as I know, ozVGA only manages some reg keys for you so I'd be surprised if it had boogered the keyboard driver. Try XDA-Developers (link above), loads of helpful people there. I just installed and ran I'm afraid!

Back
Top Bottom