So the band im in recorded a demo

Permabanned
Last edited:
Man of Honour
Listening to the 'Twisted Paradise' song.

It does sound very rough yes, but for two mics in the middle of the room I guess it isn't so bad. Have to agree with the singing comment above, but maybe it suits this style of music, I wouldn't know.

Get the guitarist to turn his distortion down a notch IMO. Just sounds... too.... saturated? I'm sure theres a better word to use.

Man of Honour
OT but are there any decent rock clubs in Newquay? Me and the g/f are in Newquay for a long weekend (Friday-Sunday coming) and are looking for somewhere interesting to go :)

Like the demo btw, is good for two mics in a room :)

Soldato
On "Twisted paradise". I think this could sound pretty good if you improved the recording (it's not bad for what it is, but the style needs good production really) and tightened up the timing (I think the issue here might be your not able to hear each other very well?). The vocals, hmm. Mabye if this was done with multitakes in a full studio you could get them sounding decent, but I don't think he's a natural vocalist, the voice sounds quite young. The ideas seem pretty well formed and I think there is potential in this.

Back
Top Bottom