So, the Championship season has started **Spoilers**

Soldato
As a Forest fan I'm extremely excited about the season ahead, we appear to have bought well, bought some exciting young talent and off loaded a few average players on big wages.

Still concerned about our ownership situation, I hope our off field problems don't scupper things, and I hope Pearce doesn't sully his reputation at the club where he is still a folk hero.

As usual i haven't got a clue who's going to do what this year, it's always tough to call, but quietly optimistic about our chances of promotion if we don't suffer the same bad luck with injuries as last year.

Soldato
Even though we got relegated last season, don't have a senior GK and a VERY young team from our academy.. I don't think I've ever been more excited for a season, genuinely looking forward to the Championship and seeing the youth players given a go.

Soldato
OP
Norwich?

You've got those young twins coming through haven't you? Took our academy apart in the youth cup if I remember rightly?

Soldato
As a Forest fan I'm extremely excited about the season ahead, we appear to have bought well, bought some exciting young talent and off loaded a few average players on big wages.

Still concerned about our ownership situation, I hope our off field problems don't scupper things, and I hope Pearce doesn't sully his reputation at the club where he is still a folk hero.

As usual i haven't got a clue who's going to do what this year, it's always tough to call, but quietly optimistic about our chances of promotion if we don't suffer the same bad luck with injuries as last year.

If I were a Forest fan I'd be more worried about abiding by the FFP rules than anything else. You could do a QPR - get promoted and get away with it - but I'd be seriously impressed if Forest managed to lower their losses to the appropriate level.

Even though we got relegated last season, don't have a senior GK and a VERY young team from our academy.. I don't think I've ever been more excited for a season, genuinely looking forward to the Championship and seeing the youth players given a go.

I'm sure this doesn't really feature on many Fulham fans' radar - maybe some of the older lot - but I can't wait to play you guys! It's a shame the first game has been moved to a Friday night for TV, but I'm really excited! :)

Caporegime
I'm excited for Middlesbrough this season, I just wish we'd finalised the transfers we've got in the pipeline. Essentially we're fielding a team today that's missing about 3 new first team transfers (If they're more than just rumour)

Wish we'd tried another year for Chalobah too.

Soldato
Predictions for good seasons - Middlesbrough, Blackburn and Bournemouth.

Bad seasons - Brighton, Bolton, Fulham.

Unfortunately, we have missed our chance of promotion. Too many teams with parachute payments and such now. We don't stand a chance. Needed it two seasons ago!

Soldato

What happened with Stockdale?...I've seen Fulham fans really upset that you let him go. I couldn't be happier. I think he's a great signing.

Soldato
Not too fussed by the opening result, but a shame to see a few poor performances. I was impressed with Hyndmand, Hoogland, Roberts and David. Hutchinson was very poor, but hopefully a few more games will get everyone jelling together. McCormack wouldn't have started but need him to get fit as he had a calf injury most of pre-season.

What happened with Stockdale?...I've seen Fulham fans really upset that you let him go. I couldn't be happier. I think he's a great signing.

Not really sure, he's a good keeper but replaceable. I think it'd be a mistake for us not to replace him with someone as Joronen/Bettinelli don't have much experience. Soon find out, I wouldn't even mind Kuszczak on a free to be honest..! A year or so and give the younger keepers time to push him for a spot. Rumours of us after Boruc once Southampton sign Forster though.

Soldato
Kuszczak is pretty solid, but Stockdale is a definite upgrade tbh. One thing though- both have shocking distribution... Stockdale must have kicked the ball straight out 5 times today. I thought Koosh was back!

Soldato
Kuszczak is pretty solid, but Stockdale is a definite upgrade tbh. One thing though- both have shocking distribution... Stockdale must have kicked the ball straight out 5 times today. I thought Koosh was back!

Yeah, he's got a big kick - just not very accurate. That was the best thing with Stekelenburg, his distribution was brilliant. Stockdale is quality with reaction stops though.

Don
I was impressed with Hyndmand, Hoogland, Roberts and David.

I agree, you need some leadership/experience at the back. Demble and Ross were woeful, I know he's been injured though.

I'm jealous of your attack though, pacey, quick passing, great movement, shame it only came when Roberts came on :p

We are still living with Warnock's team, we are pathetic technically.

Soldato
I agree, you need some leadership/experience at the back. Demble and Ross were woeful, I know he's been injured though.

I'm jealous of your attack though, pacey, quick passing, great movement, shame it only came when Roberts came on :p

We are still living with Warnock's team, we are pathetic technically.

Yeah, I'm willing to give them a shot - there's enough games (and bad teams) in the Championship for them to have a few bad games. Thought Eisfeld was very good as well, movement wise. Dembele was fairly poor, yeah - although he has games like that but'll still score a couple (nearly did today). He had a very good pre-season so hopefully getting used to the system/playing with McCormack he'll improve.

A couple of our best youngsters didn't play today either (one from suspension) so it'll be interesting next weekend hopefully.

Lets just hope it doesn't take McCormack too long to get fit, glad to see he likes to put a shift in rather than just staying up top on his own.

Interesting end of the transfer window though with Amorebieta, Mitroglou, Ruiz and Stekelenburg most likely leaving.

Soldato
I'm excited for Middlesbrough this season, I just wish we'd finalised the transfers we've got in the pipeline. Essentially we're fielding a team today that's missing about 3 new first team transfers (If they're more than just rumour)

Wish we'd tried another year for Chalobah too.

you and many others. just hope we are not let down. atleast this year our excitment is based on performances rather than spending sprees !

Karanka has done wonders. in no time at all turned strachan/mowbrays team that leaked goals for fun into a defensive rock for the second half of last season. isnt afraid to say what he thinks and it looks like everyone respects him.

scoring was then a major problem but hes ditched everyone that people had heard of who couldnt score and signed a guy no ones heard of who scored in most friendlies and then looked great yesterday too.

plus no one at the riversides seen anything like this since the juninho years:p
https://vine.co/v/MVIHiHMBKTp

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
If I were a Forest fan I'd be more worried about abiding by the FFP rules than anything else. You could do a QPR - get promoted and get away with it - but I'd be seriously impressed if Forest managed to lower their losses to the appropriate level.

I'm sure this doesn't really feature on many Fulham fans' radar - maybe some of the older lot - but I can't wait to play you guys! It's a shame the first game has been moved to a Friday night for TV, but I'm really excited! :)

Yep, that's my concern, our owner appears to be a loveable idiot with a bit of cash but not enough. I thought the deal for Lascelles and Darlow, despicably done and on the cheap, was not too bad given we got them back free for the season and the fee helped us towards FFP. Then we ***** the lot and more on a striker and winger......

Either a bold gamble or lunacy of the highest order.

Nice to get a win first up, even if it was only Blackpool.

This looks like one of the most open seasons of all time at this level, i don't think the teams who came down are as strong as before and the teams coming up are probably better equipped than most coming out of league 1.

Plus, Fulham spent 11m on McCormack which sort of negates the parachute payment advantage for one of the clubs at least. ;)

Back
Top Bottom