• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

So what has happened to BFG RMA/support ?

Soldato
The GTX250 is pretty similar to the 9800GTX+, which was the G92b version of the 8800GTX (G80). It's got the same number of shaders and a higher clock than your previous 8800GTX, also 1G of RAM. It's not a huge upgrade, but it is an upgrade.

Soldato
OP
......scouring the 'interweb' seems to concur with you guys :)
So, assuming it actually works and is not DOA ( :p ) then I guess that is me sorted :) Now then, need to figure out whether this is a good time to upgrade further.....guessing the value of the GTS250 is probably a little better than my old GTX......and tasty 58xx cards imminent !

Soldato
I thought for some games and or athigh re's with lots of AA they are slower than the GTX due to the reduced memory bandwith

not enough to not accept the RMA I think its a fair swap - just saying I think in some rare circumstances the 8800GTX is still faster

Man of Honour
The 250GTS has less pixel fillrate and memory bandwidth which can potentially hold it back a bit at high resolution/AA... but its massively faster in other areas than the 8800GTX so unless your playing at silly high resolution it will be the faster card by a decent margin.

TBH if you were playing at settings where the difference was apparent the GTX would be limping along at 10fps anyhow.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Yep yep yep !

I am pretty sure the card will be fine :) TBH, I am currently @ 1680x1050 and have only been playing Oblivion of late anyway......and, due to poverty with wifety on 1yrs Maternity leave, cannot see me getting to 1920x1200 anytime too soon !

Soldato
just for interest how about older games like FSX etc at 1900 with AA ?

The 250GTS has less pixel fillrate and memory bandwidth which can potentially hold it back a bit at high resolution/AA... but its massively faster in other areas than the 8800GTX so unless your playing at silly high resolution it will be the faster card by a decent margin.

TBH if you were playing at settings where the difference was apparent the GTX would be limping along at 10fps anyhow.

Back
Top Bottom