So whats going to happen to RVN then

Soldato
Van Nistelrooy leaving will be a good thing for Manchester United. Rossi potentially offers more, and a replacement could also be purchased that offers the side more than just a predator in the box.

His attitude in the past season or two has been awful so I am hardly suprised he is leaving.

Permabanned
Watch a few old United games any from Ruud's first 2 seasons

Now think to how hes been lately, i dont care how many hes scored this season
hes walking round the pitch draggings his boots most of the time

I read something recently about the bust up that he and Fergie had after the
Liverpool cup game it went something along the lines of Fergie explaining that
in the last 10 minutes of a game when we are 1-0 down strikers are expected to
chase everything in search of the equaliser and that MU players dont walk
back to the half way line with their hands on their ******* hips

He should have seen it coming tbh

Associate
It's strange that when fergie dropped Ruud for Saha when at the time it was Rooney that hadn't scored in about 8-10 games.

I'm well pee'd off with fergie for basically getting rid of the best striker Man U have ever had (in my opinion). Even though he's top scorer this season I wonder how many goals he'd have got if Ronaldo had actually stayed on the wing this season and hadn't taken ever opportunity to come inside and blast most of his shots high or wide. He's not a striker so shouldn't play at being on.

I think fergie's ego is the problem here, maybe it's time for him to part from United instead.

Whats wrong with a Rooney on the left, Ruud and Saha down the middle and Ronaldo on the right. Drop Park who's been pretty useless since we got him.

Grrr!!! angry angry angry.

Caporegime
LeoWyatt said:
I've said I'd happily take Ruud at Liverpool, he's a proven premiership goal scorer :)

Yeah without a doubt, i don't understand why Fergie stabs em all in the back, thats another cracking player he's got rid of, the blokes mad, why on earth does he get rid of his cracking players, he'll stab Rooney in the back, and he'll be gone as well before long.

Caporegime
Storm said:
It's strange that when fergie dropped Ruud for Saha when at the time it was Rooney that hadn't scored in about 8-10 games.
he'd have got if R
Grrr!!! angry angry angry.

err.. ronaldo started as an attacked, but got stuck on the wing by fergie.

imagine he was always up front running at the last defender, instead of having to beat 3 men to get near the box? with a bit of finishing eh could get loads of goals a year.

Also, add veron to the list of Ex Man Utd'ers

the roumers i read were totenham and PSV interested.... 5-8 million fee..

swap deal for Keane, or Defoe please!

edit: and rossi is noweher, he does not have the pedigree to become our No.1 striker next season. no way no how.

Caporegime
Loki said:
One thing you can hang your hat on is that Fergie will not suffer fools gladly. The only saving grace is that when he has got rid of big name players with big name egos we have always come out the other side better for it. I dont really see this as ny different

in some cases you are right, however losing beckham was a bad thing. i still dont think you have recovered from that. your doing well, but you could be doing a lot better.

Permabanned
Despite Ruud not being quite as good as he was a couple of years ago, he is still banging in the goals. I think it's an incredibly risky thing to sell such a proven and deadly goal scorer.

Can they replace him? Who with?

If Saha stays fit over a whole season I can see him getting many goals, but will he stay fit? Past incidents leave me to believe not and then Man U are buggered. As good a player as Rooney is, he is more of an all rounder than an out and out goalscorer and I doubt he'd get enough goals to challenge Chelsea for the Premiership.

Man U may have made a big mistake..

Associate
as a liverpool fan it makes me happy to see this mess at utd, but seriousley SAF has done a great job at UTD thats no doubt but the time for him to leave is now and get in Martin O Neil before anyone else does.......MoN I beleive is the perfect manager for UTD

RVN will not go to another team in the premiership he will go abroad.....i read it in the sun so it must be true...lol

Associate
RvN for Boro!!!!! (yeah right)

RvN should be starting for Man U - I think i'm right in saying that he is still the league's second top scorer this season (apologies if i'm wrong). He would get a game for any club (bar Barca maybe)

Appearently it was in one of the daily rags last week that Sir Alex would listen to offers around £8 million - bargain really as he's still got another 3-4 quality years left in him.

Soldato
what worrys me is the money united would get for RVN , they allways lose out when they sell players, they dont get what there worth.

Forlan went for peanuts , Beckham should have gone for more etc.

Soldato
Loki said:
-------------Barthez------------------

---------Stam----McGrath-------Sharpe

-------------------------------------

Beckham----Keane--Ince-----Whiteside
--------------------------------------

-------------RVN---------------------

One thing you can hang your hat on is that Fergie will not suffer fools gladly. The only saving grace is that when he has got rid of big name players with big name egos we have always come out the other side better for it. I dont really see this as ny different

Lee Sharpe wasn't a left back ;) and it was his own drinking and drug habits that forced him to leave Old Trafford. Whiteside was plagued with injuries, Ince I really can't remember why he left, I never particularly liked him anyway and he proved me right when he played for Liverpool. We didn't come out any better without Stam, Beckham and Keane I'm afraid. Ferguson of late is a very different manager to what he used to be. 1 strike and you are out it seems. McGrath was a drinker as well and Ferguson sold him because of that. And Barthez was crap in the end. None of them questioned Ferguson's ability as a manager.

Stam got sold within days of his book being published stating that he was taped up by Ferguson and he was right about it. Maybe a bit silly to bring that fact out when he was still playing but not a big enough reason in my eyes to get rid of him. He didn't get a chance to even say goodbye to any of the players, thats how fast Ferguson had him out of Manchester. I feel if Beckham had been treated differently by Ferguson he would still be with us. And we all know the Keane saga, too many home truths there for Ferguson to ignore and if Keane had stayed Ferguson would have looked worse than he already does which really isn't saying much.

Soldato
SAF needs sacking.
Way past his sell by date.
Yes you can all cry that what hes done for the club and blah blah blah.
At the moment he is an awful manager, and should have gone when he said he would 2 seasons ago.

Back
Top Bottom