So whats going to happen to RVN then

Man of Honour
BoomAM said:
SAF needs sacking.
Way past his sell by date.
Yes you can all cry that what hes done for the club and blah blah blah.
At the moment he is an awful manager, and should have gone when he said he would 2 seasons ago.

Gotta say for an awful season, second isn't too bad with a Carling cup trophy?

And last season third with an FA cup final?

Soldato
greenlizard0 said:

And last season third with an FA cup final?

It's more to do with the way he runs the club, who he employs, his tactics and what he does and doesn't do behind the scenes. He's getting worse with age, banning BBC reporters from interviewing him, since Keane left he banned the players from being interviewed by MUTV which they all by contract have to do at least once or twice a year. He keeps people in his staff for his own personal reasons not for the benefit of the team or club.

His transfer record excluding obvious talents like Rooney, Ronaldo and Heinze has not been good. We lose money on every player he sells. He has extended contracts for the crappest young players I've seen play for the club. His right hand man Queiroz rules tactics and training the players all with his permission of course. He does a lot less today than he did 5 years ago and it shows in the team. Plus he's getting paid more than he ever did before £4million a year.

He no longer man manages the team like he used to, morale and confidence is not the way it used to be. He put's faith in the wrong players for the wrong reasons. He is NEVER wrong, ever. That's it for now, I could come up with more but my brain hurts. :p

Man of Honour
Yeah. In the previous 4 seasons, only ONCE had MU managed a top2 finish, so coupled with a trophy, it's been an above average season for United.

It has to be said though, that RvN will be missed. There aren't many better than him in the box. I guess Fergie doesn't make allowances for anyone.

Nim

Nim

Associate
greenlizard0 said:
Seriously. Utd's 83 points this season would have won 10 out of the 14 seasons of the Premiership, so any bitching about the current setup is probably a bit misguided. 2 years ago, Chelsea raised the bar by an enormous level, and you can't possibly expect everyone to keep pace immediately.

As for Ruud, I can't say I'm surprised, given the last six months. Blame it on Ferguson's ego if you want, but the fact is that I didn't notice a serious decline in performance after Stam, Beckham or Keane left. You could bring in any manager out there, but without unlimited funds, and barring any miracles, fans are just going to have to accept that their turn in the centre spotlight is probably coming to an end.

Man of Honour
Which is a pity really that RVN leave Old Trafford in a huff (geddit? haha).

Tbh, I'd love to seem him at Arsenal. Fact is, even though his heart's clearly not in it, he's still a very good player.

Berkamp will be gone at the end of the season. We sold Quincy/Bentley. RVPersie isn't that good and I'm starting to think he never will be. Aliadére (I'm absolutly gutted to say) looks like he's going to leave for peanuts when I have rated this guy enormously.

Which leads me to two things - Imagine RVN's clinical finishing while playing up front with Henry.

Secondly I heard a while ago, that it was Dennis Berkamp that alerted Bruce Rioch to RVN years ago right before Wenger came abroad - but nobody listened. Gutted!!

Soldato
Nim said:
Seriously. Utd's 83 points this season would have won 10 out of the 14 seasons of the Premiership, so any bitching about the current setup is probably a bit misguided. 2 years ago, Chelsea raised the bar by an enormous level, and you can't possibly expect everyone to keep pace immediately.

As for Ruud, I can't say I'm surprised, given the last six months. Blame it on Ferguson's ego if you want, but the fact is that I didn't notice a serious decline in performance after Stam, Beckham or Keane left. You could bring in any manager out there, but without unlimited funds, and barring any miracles, fans are just going to have to accept that their turn in the centre spotlight is probably coming to an end.

When Stam left Barthez was shown to be the overrated keeper he really was. When Beckham left we scored less goals, Gary Neville, Scholes and Ruud started to deteriorate as well. Beckham leaving hit a lot of players whether some Utd fans willl admit that or not. We haven't had a leader on the pitch since Keane left either. I'd rather have a 34yr old Keane in midfield leading the team than O'Shea, Giggs or Fletcher. Some of the performances this season would not have happened with Keane as Captain.

If we could put a new manager in, with a different vision and outlook for the team, he would rebuild it with a fresh approach. Of course this depends on who takes over eventually. I'm looking forward to the next manager to see what changes in the club.

Don
Tony Soprano said:
When Stam left Barthez was shown to be the overrated keeper he really was.
I wouldn't say he was overrated. On his day he was the best keeper in the world (still can remember the save from Hamann; the game when Forlan scored twice), i just think, like with Rio Ferdinand, that he had too much ability and became lazy. And also harboured ambitions of being an outfield player. He had the one year where he made too many mistakes through lack of concentration; he would mess about with the ball rather than just clearing it etc.

Soldato
Tony Soprano said:
Lee Sharpe wasn't a left back ;)
No, but he could and did play in that position. :)

I think I've been really naive, I didn't really notice a problem, or I chose to ignore it, with RVN this season and I expected him to still be a player with United next season. This doesn't look the case now, which is a shame, but if he has behaved as mentioned in this thread then I don't have a problem with him being given the boot.

If a replacement isn't signed, though, then the United attack is going to be weaker. Saha is good, but he's no where near in the same class as RVN. I can't think of a player to replace him with, let a lone a player United could afford or get good value for money with. It’s certainly going to be an interesting close season at United, and other PL clubs, in terms of summer transfers.

Associate
BoomAM said:
Do you watch football?

To be fair, Man U would have won the last two Premiership titles if it wasn't for Chelsea's cheating*

*I'm joking Chelsea fans! :p I dunno what you wanna call it, influx of money or whatever :p

Soldato
Setanta Sports can EXCLUSIVELY reveal the story behind the bust-up that saw Ruud van Nistelrooy dropped from the Manchester United team to face Charlton, a bust-up that could well presage the end of the Dutchman's Old Trafford career.

Speaking to Daire O'Brien on Setanta Sports' The Hub, European Soccer Correspondent Graeme Hunter explained the incident that caused Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson to drop his star striker.

"In January, Ruud van Nistelrooy and Cristiano Ronaldo, who literally cannot stand the sight of each other, traded punches in training, and van Nistelrooy left Ronaldo with a broken face," Hunter explained.

"On Sunday, van Nistelrooy was not named in the Manchester United team, and as we all now know, he walks out.

"The roots are from a serious bust-up on the training pitch the day before, over a perennial row between the two. Ronaldo held onto the ball too long in training, and van Nistelrooy asked again: "Why do you keep onto the ball, why don't you pass to me? I am in position, I am the striker. Get the ball to me."

Hunter went on: "Ronaldo gives van Nistelrooy some lip, it ends up in a fight, and van Nistelrooy as he always does, needles into Ronaldo, and says "Yeah, yeah, go running to your Dad."

"He means Carlos Quieroz, Ferguson's assistant. Ronaldo's own father had died during the season, and finally, in the face of this abuse, Ronaldo burst into tears on the pitch and shouts "I don't have a Dad, he's dead."

This is the incident Sir Alex Ferguson spoke of after the game on Sunday when talked about a need to keep "team unity" at the club.

However, Hunter is not so keen to write off van Nistelrooy's Old Trafford career just yet.

"It is not necessarily the end for van Nistelrooy, because he is the goalscorer, and Ferguson still wants four strikers at the club.

"What Sir Alex may not know is that Cristiano Ronaldo is dead set on leaving Manchester United this summer, if Madrid will buy him. He personally has had enough of Manchester United, and English football. Also, he is greedy young lad, he wants more money, and he thinks that he can get it at Real Madrid. So, it may be that we are left with Ronaldo saying that he wants to go, and that van Nistelrooy and Ferguson may make their peace."

Soldato
It's a sign that we can't keep hold of our best players if Ronaldo goes this summer. I'm not too fussed if he does go, because his end product on the field is still non existent.

Man of Honour
i'd rather ronaldo stayed than Ruud

Ruud although he still has a couple of top years left in him, hes almost past it. While as ronaldo has such a bright future ahead of him

I dont think he'll be at the club too many years though, he doesnt seem to like England all that much. I really hope he does grow to it though, as inconsistent as he is at the moment, once he matures and gets a couple of years more experience, hes going to be absoloutley world class

P.S - I really cant see RvN going to another Premiership team, especially Arsenal of all teams. He's made his feelings about Arsenal and the way they play clear on many occasions. And he's not exactly Mr.Popular with the Arsenal faithful anyway. If RvN is going, it will be Italy, his style of play is perfect for there

Last edited:
Soldato
I like the way all the "man utd" fans have turned on RVN lately... the guy is a legend and was prem top scorer until fergie dropped him and allowed TH to catch up and overtake...

fair weather fans i think... :(

Back
Top Bottom