So whats going to happen to RVN then

Soldato
Crazy Fool said:
all rumours at the mo, somthing has happened but i doubt it's as above

True, but I was surprised that we still had Ronaldo last August. He's not having a good time in Manchester either and after the death of his father, a move back to Portugal or Spain to be closer his family and playing his own style of football is not unthinkable. RVN is most definitely going which is a combination of Ferguson and RVN not thinking of the club but their own selfishness. Ronaldo would fetch £15million+, possibly more if he has a good WC. Never thought the 3 R's would last. Rooney Ruud and Ronaldo. :(

Soldato
OP
Crazy Fool said:
I like the way all the "man utd" fans have turned on RVN lately... the guy is a legend and was prem top scorer until fergie dropped him and allowed TH to catch up and overtake...

fair weather fans i think... :(

The majority of match going "Man Utd" fans as you put it haven't been impressed with RvN for going on 18 months !!!!!. His effort and application simply hasn't been upto the very high standards he has set for himself.

Regardless of if TH or RvN is prem top scorer I would rather be in Utd's postion of qualifying for the group stages of next seasons Champions league rather than pre qualifying like Arsenal have to do

EDIT

May be of interest to UTD & Celtic Fans only. I hear Roy Keanes testimonial is on Setanta(sp?) for free tonight via Sky TV. No subscription required. :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Tony Soprano said:
True, but I was surprised that we still had Ronaldo last August. He's not having a good time in Manchester either and after the death of his father, a move back to Portugal or Spain to be closer his family and playing his own style of football is not unthinkable. RVN is most definitely going which is a combination of Ferguson and RVN not thinking of the club but their own selfishness. Ronaldo would fetch £15million+, possibly more if he has a good WC. Never thought the 3 R's would last. Rooney Ruud and Ronaldo. :(

Now we've got Rio, Richardson and Rossi :(

Soldato
i would hope RVN stays and things can be sorted for his CL goals if nothing else, but i understand the ship has been rocked so to speak, and yes as a Man Utd fan he has not quite been the same, but goals tell the story in the end

Permabanned
Whoever is responsible for the hostilities between the horse and the showpony it all boils down to poor management for it to have been allowed to get to where it is at now.Maybe Fergie has put too much faith in Queros ? A playground scuffle could see them loose 2 of their best players - pretty poor really.

Funny tho :D

Soldato
Ruud van Nistelrooy has spoken of his hurt at not being allowed to play in Roy Keane's testimonial game.

The Dutch forward's future has been the subject of intense speculation over the last couple of months, with Sunday's walk-out apparently signalling the end of his Manchester United career.

Now, amid claims that he was told to leave Old Trafford prior to the Charlton game, it has emerged that he has been forbidden to play in Keane's testimonial.

Currently training with the Holland World Cup squad near Amsterdam, van Nistelrooy revealed that he was dreadfully disappointed with the situation at Man United, fuelling rumours that he has been kicked out of the club permanently.

"Yeah it's good to get my mind off it, especially after I can't be there tonight," he told Sky Sports News.

"For me it's painful. I wanted to respect Roy. I wasn't allowed to really so that is painful, that is the most painful thing."

Van Nistelrooy was deeply upset that United had taken their hostility out on him in this way, and deprived good friend Keane of his presence on the Irishman's special night.

"I spoke to him (Keane) and he'll be fine. That's it really."

This is the latest article from Sky Sports

Last edited:
Soldato
Out of the two there is no question that Ronaldo should be the one to go.
He simply cant play the game, he continually makes the wrong choices, doesnt track back, cant shoot, cant pass, isnt that quick, his free kicks are woefull (WTF when you have Giggs and Rooney there is that gormless **** allowed to keep blasting it into the stratosphere i dont know)
Also contrary to poular belief, he is terrible in the air as well, really really bad.

Ruud on the other hand, scores goals, he needs service, Ronaldo doesnt give it.

Man of Honour
Crazy Fool said:
I like the way all the "man utd" fans have turned on RVN lately... the guy is a legend and was prem top scorer until fergie dropped him and allowed TH to catch up and overtake...

fair weather fans i think... :(

RvN scored 21 goals in 35 league appearances, Henry got 27 in 32. There's no comparison really, we may as well say if Henry hadn't of been benched a couple of times at the end of the season he would have hit 30 goals.

Man of Honour
Carlos_S said:
To be fair, Man U would have won the last two Premiership titles if it wasn't for Chelsea's cheating*

Considering they were trailing in Arsenal's wake last season, I'm not quite sure how you worked that one out :)

Soldato
BoomAM said:
SAF needs sacking.
Way past his sell by date.
Yes you can all cry that what hes done for the club and blah blah blah.
At the moment he is an awful manager, and should have gone when he said he would 2 seasons ago.

I hate ManU with a passion, but the amount of points collected this season is impressive, esp. considering the captain being kicked out and all :confused:

Soldato
Not sure how much credability this has. Some guy over at Redcafe.net is claiming this as a spoof by him to test how gullable the members there are. I'd post a link but there is waaaayyyy to much swearing over there. Not much moderation lol.

Permabanned
atpbx said:
Out of the two there is no question that Ronaldo should be the one to go.
He simply cant play the game, he continually makes the wrong choices, doesnt track back, cant shoot, cant pass, isnt that quick, his free kicks are woefull (WTF when you have Giggs and Rooney there is that gormless **** allowed to keep blasting it into the stratosphere i dont know)
Also contrary to poular belief, he is terrible in the air as well, really really bad.

Ruud on the other hand, scores goals, he needs service, Ronaldo doesnt give it.

Im with you in a way but.........

I cant keep watching Ruud skulk about like Matt Le Tissier is the only way to describe it

He was looking like his place was guaranteed every game when yeah if you
knock a tap in in every other game yeah your going to get goals but cmon
apbtx you have got to have noticed what a lazy ******* hes become

At least Ronaldo runs his balls off everytime he gets the ball, hes got his faults
aye like most players but you cant knock him for fight he gets kicked, moans
and gets up and trys again

Man of Honour
i would be devastated to see ruud leave, he is worldclass and one of the best strikers in the world.

as for him being lazy i would say i agree to an extent but the way we play and especially with the greediness of Ronaldo he just doesnt seem to want to make the same sort of runs because he knows he wont get the ball.

For 18 months - 2 years he has made great runs never to see a cross from the right or the left, or a throughball he basically lives of scraps, on top of that this season he has had to do a lot of donkey work due to not even getting thr few through balls from scholes etc he used due to us having no midfield in the centre.

At the end fo the day i can see why a player of his calibre would get lazy and apathertic, take henry for example he always wants the ball and arsenal always want to give him it, Ruud wants the ball and no one will pass to him.

got to be heartbreaking for him as i think with ruud on top form and getting the service we would be a lot closer to chelsea.

but instead of Fergie getting on at ronaldo for being ball greedy etc, he is getting at ruud to the point where it seems ruud has snapped.

However if he goes, then i think we wont need to replace him, people are saying rossi, rooney, saha. however there are 2 players yer missing out.

Alan smith who is a way better striker than midfielder and did superbly upfront at the beggining of the season in the absence of Ruud and Rooney, and we have the old warhorse in solskjaer.

Personally I would like to see ruud stay and although I have been an ardent fan, i would see ronaldo leave. use the money to bring in a unselfish winger or two and then strengthen the middle of the park. I said this last year that we should have signed Jermaine pennant and i dont think he would make a bad signing now either.

Permabanned
If Ronaldo was to go i would only like to see SWP replace him

But we all know that aint gonna happen

Soldato
greenlizard0 said:
RVPersie isn't that good and I'm starting to think he never will be.
:confused:

11 goals, some of which have been fantastic, in an injury-plagued season where he's started loads of games on the bench and played just 5 minutes at a time. How has he not shown great promise to you?

Soldato
Weebull said:
:confused:

11 goals, some of which have been fantastic, in an injury-plagued season where he's started loads of games on the bench and played just 5 minutes at a time. How has he not shown great promise to you?

Yeah hes a great talent - I would have him in my first team anyday!

How comes don't you rate him greenlizard? He is definately the next bergy :p

edit: rephrased

Soldato
HangTime said:
RvN scored 21 goals in 35 league appearances, Henry got 27 in 32. There's no comparison really, we may as well say if Henry hadn't of been benched a couple of times at the end of the season he would have hit 30 goals.

RVN did not play 35 league games mate... there are only 38 in the season... he was have came on as a sub for some comparing to mins on the pitch might be a fair comparison....

and my point was he WAS top scorer until he was dropped... so there is no reason to think that would have changed if he had played the rest of the season

Back
Top Bottom