So whats going to happen to RVN then

Man of Honour
G|mp said:
Oh your an ABU then, all makes sense now

I'm flabbergasted that you could come to such a conclusion based off his post. If anything, he is an ABC. Quite how hoping that MU bring some talented youngsters through makes him an ABU, I've no idea :)

You keep going on about how MLT is lazy, yet nobody is refuting that: "no denieng matty was lazy"

As for Crazy Fool, I'm finding it slightly ironic that he chooses to brand people who have been a member more than twice as long as him a 'noob' :)

Permabanned
HangTime said:
I'm flabbergasted that you could come to such a conclusion based off his post. If anything, he is an ABC. Quite how hoping that MU bring some talented youngsters through makes him an ABU, I've no idea :)

You keep going on about how MLT is lazy, yet nobody is refuting that: "no denieng matty was lazy"

As for Crazy Fool, I'm finding it slightly ironic that he chooses to brand people who have been a member more than twice as long as him a 'noob' :)

It was the Manure comment that made think hes an ABU

Or are those kind of things allowed again nowadays? :confused:

You know the cheating Arsenal, dirty Russians type comments

Permabanned
Kudos to Boom for not mentioning an Italian or an Italian team in one of his SA posts

If were slinging thinly veiled insults of course :)

Man of Honour
G|mp said:
It was the Manure comment that made think hes an ABU

Or are those kind of things allowed again nowadays? :confused:

You know the cheating Arsenal, dirty Russians type comments

Yeah, a few years ago it was agreed that we wouldn't use terms like scum, arse etc when referring to opposing teams/fans. So he is out of line for that, but I wouldn't say referring to MU in a derogatory fashion makes him an ABU necessarily, especially when it's followed by: "ultimatly i want to see someone _anyone_ knock chelski off the top spot". I still reckon he's a bonafide ABC :)

Associate
HangTime said:
Yeah, a few years ago it was agreed that we wouldn't use terms like scum, arse etc when referring to opposing teams/fans. So he is out of line for that, but I wouldn't say referring to MU in a derogatory fashion makes him an ABU necessarily, especially when it's followed by: "ultimatly i want to see someone _anyone_ knock chelski off the top spot". I still reckon he's a bonafide ABC :)

meh, i'll put my hand up on manure, bad netiquette on my part, just banter on my part just as i'd expect people to call me a fizzy pop league fan or a scummer, i didnt know it was frowned on this board, maybe i am an internet "n00b" ;)

Soldato
HangTime said:
Post count & membership legth are not a sign of maturity nor are they an indicator of if someone is a n00b or a veteran.
G|mp said:
Kudos to Boom for not mentioning an Italian or an Italian team in one of his SA posts

If were slinging thinly veiled insults of course :)
lol. :p

Permabanned
ribbo said:
meh, i'll put my hand up on manure, bad netiquette on my part, just banter on my part just as i'd expect people to call me a fizzy pop league fan or a scummer, i didnt know it was frowned on this board, maybe i am an internet "n00b" ;)

We all have banter on here mate its a great forum for that, but the more
derogatory phrases were outlawed because people came in and thought it
was open season on a few teams

I can take it from 99% of members on here but a dude who supports a "fizzy pop team"

I aint gonna take it ;) :p

Double kudos to Boom, 2 posts!! ;)

Soldato
G|mp said:
Double kudos to Boom, 2 posts!! ;)
Im going for 3 posts now.
3's a nice number. Its a charm. :p :D

RvN would be better for United to keep.
Ronaldo is replaceable, and is, in Park.
But a striker of RvN's quality doesnt come along often.

Soldato
Unfortunately I don't think there's any other choice for him now but to leave. I just hope the board at Old Trafford have sat down and thought about why our two highest profile players in Keane and RVN have left this season. I don't know any clubs who could force out such players in the fashion that Ferguson has. And the underlying problems with the management that these situations could arise in the first place.

Last edited:
Soldato
According to The Independent, the "incidents in training" that Ferguson referred to were manifestations of the rapidly-deteriorating relationship between Van Nistelrooy and Cristiano Ronaldo.

Ronaldo has been the subject of Van Nistelrooy's ire on a number of occasions, with the Dutchman critical of his Portuguese team-mate's tendency to hold onto the ball for too long - a trait Van Nistelrooy felt was costing both United and himself vital goals.

A training ground bust-up between the two in January ended with punches being thrown, and a second incident on Saturday morning reignited the ill-feeling between the two players.

During 'a heated exchange' Van Nistelrooy told the young Portuguese to go and talk to "his dad" - a disparaging reference, says The Independent, to United assistant manager Carlos Queiroz.

The remark carried particular sting, as Ronaldo lost his father in September - a bereavement that has been widely seen as responsible for the very loss of form earlier in the season that Van Nistelrooy was so critical of. A 'clearly upset' Ronaldo replied that he 'did not have a dad'.

Van Nistelrooy then arrived on Sunday having thought no more of the incident - only to be told that he was not included in the match-day squad. On hearing that, the Dutchman said to club captain Gary Neville: "Good luck for the game. I'm off."

More here

What do people reckon to this? Is any of it likely to be true? If it is the case, it really worries me that Ruud would say something that out of order.

Caporegime
Wouldn't surprise me, I've never liked Van Nistelrooy's attitude and I'll be glad to see the back of him. Ronaldo is a far better talent than Van Nistelrooy, if we can unlock that potential next season (which we aren't far off now) he'll be unbelievable. He's scored 11 goals this season which, if you ask me, is excellent for a player than went through a Rape case, a family Bereavement and a holiday for him to gather himself.

Soldato
I think everyone would agree RVN went over the line, and should not have made such a comment considering Ronaldo's situation. However, what I would question is why Ronaldo has not changed a single aspect of his game to 'accommodate' a player like RVN up front. The management has failed again here, and has let this situation get worse and worse before it boiled over like it did last week. I don't like RVN's attitude or how he's dealt with it but I can understand where he's coming from.

Soldato
Very interesting thread :)

Sentiment.

A great word and one thats used a lot.
Alex Ferguson has none:
So you our most poplular player - so what , I'll sell you.
So you are our best player - so what , I'll sell you.
I have no more room for you in MY squad - so what , I'll sell you.

Been happening a few years now and tbh its something I admire.
Ruud is the best goal scorer at the club and imo , possibley the best finisher in the league.
Yet both manager and fans are able to accept he has to move on for the good of the team.

Contrast this to other big names in other teams (Mr Shearer for example , but hes not the only one) and a side feels they have to hold onto him , no matter what the cost may be. Be that financial or otherwise.

If you cant give what Fergie wants then you are out of the door.
Simple as that.

I bloody hate Man Utd and all they stand for but I love Fergusons my way or the highway mentality

Be very interesting to see how this pans out.
:)

SCM

SCM

Associate
Fergie was exactly the same at Aberdeen if you didn't perform he wouldn't hold back in slating the players. He tore into them after the Scottish Cup final shortly after they won the Cup Winners cup, if i remember correctly, for the performance in that game.

If RVN has said what the reports are alleging, there is no way Fergie will stand for that and if it means selling him he will. For the last season and a half at least he has been no where near his best and chances this season he would normally have put away he hasn't been taking.

Will it be a gamble in selling him? Yes.

He will be missed but if him going and someone else replacing him is for the good of the team, it's spirit and players morale then it's good. Hopefully the decent replacement happens as otherwise we might struggle as Saha is the bionic man the amount of injuries he gets.

To the Beckham issue we actually played better with Ole on the wing, that last season of Beckham, than when Beckham was there. As Ole at least could take people on and produced better crossing than Beckham at times as at least he cleared the first man more often, as at times Beckhams delivery from the wing hit the first defender.

SCM

Caporegime
Tony Soprano said:
I think everyone would agree RVN went over the line, and should not have made such a comment considering Ronaldo's situation. However, what I would question is why Ronaldo has not changed a single aspect of his game to 'accommodate' a player like RVN up front. The management has failed again here, and has let this situation get worse and worse before it boiled over like it did last week. I don't like RVN's attitude or how he's dealt with it but I can understand where he's coming from.

Whilst Ronaldo can take to long at times, I don't believe it so much hinders the number of goals we score.

Soldato
Vandle said:
A great word and one thats used a lot.
Alex Ferguson has none:
So you our most poplular player - so what , I'll sell you.
So you are our best player - so what , I'll sell you.
I have no more room for you in MY squad - so what , I'll sell you.

Been happening a few years now and tbh its something I admire.
Ruud is the best goal scorer at the club and imo , possibley the best finisher in the league.
Yet both manager and fans are able to accept he has to move on for the good of the team.

That's got to be a joke. If Ferguson has no sentiment, please explain to me why Fletcher and O'Shea are repeatedly played. Even harder question, explain why Giggs and Scholes were repeatedly given starts when they were dire at the start of the season (or in Scholes' case the last 18 months).

The reason most fans are accepting what is happening is because not only is there nothing we can do about it, but that the damage has already been irreparably down by Ferguson. It's now got to the point where Ruud has to go because the whole situation has been left to fester and get worse for months when it could have been sorted out far more amicably.

SCM said:
To the Beckham issue we actually played better with Ole on the wing, that last season of Beckham, than when Beckham was there. As Ole at least could take people on and produced better crossing than Beckham at times as at least he cleared the first man more often, as at times Beckhams delivery from the wing hit the first defender.

SCM

Was that not more down to Beckham not wanting to play in a Utd shirt any more?

Nokkon - do you not think we'd have scored more goals if our forwards knew when to make their runs to link up with Ronaldo's ultra-delayed crosses?

Permabanned
Fergie is a ***** always has always will be, but he did have smothing going in the 90s but after beckham left it went down hill. Hes lost the players and he is just a motivator now, his tactics are poor and the players are poor compared to the lates 90s.

I think its time he went, but most Man U fans think that there is no Man U without Fergie, hes got ride of Beckahm, Stam, Keane, RVN. Whos next nobody.

The thing is the money now, you cant buy **** without extensive research into the player. 4 horse race next season. :p

Back
Top Bottom