So whats going to happen to RVN then

Soldato
Tony Soprano said:
I think everyone would agree RVN went over the line, and should not have made such a comment considering Ronaldo's situation. However, what I would question is why Ronaldo has not changed a single aspect of his game to 'accommodate' a player like RVN up front. The management has failed again here, and has let this situation get worse and worse before it boiled over like it did last week. I don't like RVN's attitude or how he's dealt with it but I can understand where he's coming from.

One problem is that Ronaldo isnt a winger.
He's a forward and a poor one at that.
He cant cross, he just cant do it, expecting him ot land a ball on Ruuds head from 30yrds when he can barely pass it 5 is bad managment.
Mabye if he was used in a more intelligent way, like in the last 20 minutes of games where his fancy foot work would be hard going for tired defenders he may have more impact.

SCM

SCM

Associate
IceBus said:
Was that not more down to Beckham not wanting to play in a Utd shirt any more?

Give Beckham loads of room and time to get a cross in and he will produce but if he is rushed or running onto the ball, majority of the times he can't lift it past the first man. Ole seemed to be able to produce the cross running to catch the ball and under pressure better than Beckham did that season.

SCM

Caporegime
IceBus said:
Nokkon - do you not think we'd have scored more goals if our forwards knew when to make their runs to link up with Ronaldo's ultra-delayed crosses?
Possibly, you don't know. My point is, we haven't struggled for goals regardless, Ronaldo is a big contributor both in goals and passes to that. If he hasn't played the final pass he has almost always played some part in the goal.

Caporegime
atpbx said:
One problem is that Ronaldo isnt a winger.
He's a forward and a poor one at that.
He cant cross, he just cant do it, expecting him ot land a ball on Ruuds head from 30yrds when he can barely pass it 5 is bad managment.
Mabye if he was used in a more intelligent way, like in the last 20 minutes of games where his fancy foot work would be hard going for tired defenders he may have more impact.
The fact that you call him a poor forward is a total misjudgement on your part of ignorance on your behalf.
You're right with the first claim, he isn't a winger, he is a forward, but he's hardly poor. Just look at what he does for Portugal when managed correctly, if he isn't scoring (which is rare) he's usually setting them up. He's an excellent player.

Soldato
I think Fergie can over react to situations, sometimes pushing players out isnt the best option when I'm sure a lot of the problems could have been resolved in the training ground.

Aside from that I think the only problems Fergie has are playin Fletcher and making drastic signings like Evra.

Lyon are after a money swap with Ruud for Diarra which I think will be a good idea, we cant sell Ruud to an english team everyone hates him and we need a midfielder desperately, Griggs can only have one more season left in him and Fletcher is just a waste of oxygen nevermind a first team place.

I was at OT not that long ago and when they announce the team big cheers go up for every player then when Fletchers name is called, everyone boos! How bad does a player have to be for his own fans to boo him before hes even touched the ball, panicked and been tackled by a rather audacious blade of grass?

Soldato
a swap deal involving ruud for diarra would be good. i like ruud but he is gettin on a bit now so think it be the best move.

ferguson finally have seen sense and dropped fletcher since the carling cup final. i remember reading on the net that fletcher said he will prove fergie wrong for dropping him......

Soldato
NokkonWud said:
The fact that you call him a poor forward is a total misjudgement on your part of ignorance on your behalf.
You're right with the first claim, he isn't a winger, he is a forward, but he's hardly poor. Just look at what he does for Portugal when managed correctly, if he isn't scoring (which is rare) he's usually setting them up. He's an excellent player.

Ignorance on my behalf eh?

I watch the clown wasting possesion, blazing shots into row z, slicing shots hopelessly wide, picking the wrong pass, trying completly inapropriate tricks when an easy pass is staring him in the face, each and every week.

He is a poor player i would have him out the door tommorow and a more "average" winger brought in if it meant an improved service for Ruud was on the cards.

Permabanned
He has started slowly to cut that out though

I would rather have Ronaldo give away posession a few times than have
the dressing room falling out with eachother because Ruud cant keep his gob shut

He's been walking round for months now with his arse in his hand

Soldato
jesta said:
a swap deal involving ruud for diarra would be good. i like ruud but he is gettin on a bit now so think it be the best move.

ferguson finally have seen sense and dropped fletcher since the carling cup final. i remember reading on the net that fletcher said he will prove fergie wrong for dropping him......

Fletcher has been injured, thank god. Fergie wont drop him and if he has then that does so much good for the team its like having 4 more players on the team the good Fletcher does. God I hate him.

Wretcher couldnt do anythin to prove Fergie wrong, even if he worked harder than he ever has done before he'd still be turd, you need talent first Fletcher.

Get yourself in a proper team like East Fife

Soldato
'Ruud van Nistelrooy believes he has been "betrayed" by Sir Alex Ferguson.

And the Dutch star's closest football ally has, revealed the moment when Van Nistelrooy's Manchester United career effectively ended.

Wim van Hanegem, the former Dutch World Cup hero and Van Nistelrooy's close friend, said: "The departure of Roy Keane had a massive impact on Ruud.

"In the dressing-room Ruud openly sided with Keane when Ferguson decided to separate the player from the club. Because of Ruud's passion and determination he would not keep his mouth shut.

"Ruud can go far, - sometimes too far. And that has worked " against him at United."

But Van Hanegem also believes his friend made a basic error in his judgment of the United boss.

"Ruud was completely overwhelmed by Sir Alex when he first got to know him. When Ruud got injured the first time he was going to move from PSV Eindhoven to United, Ferguson kept in touch with him all the time.

"Ruud really appreciated that. He found it amazing that the biggest man at the world's biggest football club showed such a nice side. But now Ruud has come to realise, I hope, that Ferguon's caring had nothing to do with a human touch. It was only because Ruud was a world-class striker and Ferguson was desperate to get him.

"Now Ruud has found out the hard way. He, has also realised that Ferguson has a funny way of ditching his biggest stars. Ruud has seen what happened to David Beckham, Jaap Stam and Roy Keane."

Another of Van Nistelrooy's closest friends added: "Last summer, Ruud was worried that the United team was not strong enough to challenge for the top trophies and he had opportunities to move to a club that would help him achieve his dream of playing at the highest level in Europe. He went to speak to the manager about this. Sir Alex begged him not to leave and told him he'd build a great team around Ruud."

"Now, less than a year later, Ferguson has come out with the most outrageous excuses to remove Ruud from the club. Ruud feels betrayed."

Back
Top Bottom