• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

So who bought one then? (7900)

Soldato
jrodga2k5 said:
Yeah will be interesting to see results, I doubt it will be much faster than the x1900xt-x but we'll see with driver updates, the direct x 10 war will ebgin soon tho ;)

Oh yeah anyone like the new SIg?! ;P
Yeah post up results - and jrodga2k5, stop pimping your sig :p.

Soldato
Unfortunatley I have not had a lot of time to play with my XFX 7900GT XXX edtion card, how ever initial results for a quick run in 3DMark '05 were good.

All defaults on 560Core/1650Mem anf just shy of 9800 on a 2.6GHz Athlon 64, temps are 33c idle and 47c under load. As soon as I get more time and a utility to OC the card I will.

I already have my kit ready to Vmod to the core on this baby, only using 1.2v vs. the 1.36v on a GTX so I reckon 650+ MHz is easily achievable :D

Caporegime
Journey said:
Unfortunatley I have not had a lot of time to play with my XFX 7900GT XXX edtion card, how ever initial results for a quick run in 3DMark '05 were good.

All defaults on 560Core/1650Mem anf just shy of 9800 on a 2.6GHz Athlon 64, temps are 33c idle and 47c under load. As soon as I get more time and a utility to OC the card I will.

I already have my kit ready to Vmod to the core on this baby, only using 1.2v vs. the 1.36v on a GTX so I reckon 650+ MHz is easily achievable :D

how do you vmod it?

i just got an xfx 7900 GT ee

Soldato
VR-zone have a guide up, to mod the core all you need is a 50k variable resistor and the memory only needs a pencil!

Gonna test my RAM first as it appears only to be 1.4ns and yet i's running at 1650DDR (825) 1.4ns should only be 715ish I have a funny feeling that the RAM has more than the standard 2.02 v going to it, maybe 2.2v

Caporegime
OP
Bennah said:
Any 05 scores?

Whats your FX60 clocked at?

Your gunner have some fun with that card :D

I have Opteron at FX60, not going to take it any further because that would mean more voltage, better cooling and more noise, i prefer silence.

Kyo said:
EDIT : Hehe scratch that i just found it :D. One thing though i think i found the card your talking about but not sure about the far cheaper bit :confused:

hi, well we're talking about a £35 saving for 10mhz/50mhz less respectively, given the cpu limitedness of these cards it is far cheaper. ;)

Goksly said:
Can you post some benches with high quality? Most people will be forced to play with that setting due to the shimmering... so yeah - lets see the results when the image quality is more on par with ATI :}

I get 50pts less in 3dmark06 with high quality, though I can't say i've ever noticed a problem with just the default quality i've had an x1900xtx and it looked no better to my eyes (this is running Dell fp2005).

Arcane said:
Ordered an XFX 7900gtx, the standard 650 one, I'll be stunned if it doesn't manage 700 through coolbits, 50mhz clock jump isn't worth the extra imo. I'll probably get another one next month if it struggles with the LCD at 1680x1080.

you are probably right they run so cool, my load temps are probably not a great deal higher than my 7800gtx idle temps were.

I will run 3dmark05 shortly...

Soldato
Anybody got 2 of the 7900GTX XXX Editions SLI'd yet?

I'm looking to maybe finally upgrade from my 2x6800 Ultras to one of these at the end of this month. Then maybe slot another one in at the end of next month.

I missed out the 7800 upgrade round as I was quite happy with the performance of my current cards. However I want the additions of proper HDR support & better Anti-Aliasing.

I'll have a scout about for any SLI 7900GTX reviews to see what the performance gain is like. However if anyone has any links to hand, feel free to post them ;)

Caporegime
OP
chaparral said:
I was expecting about 12500 in 3dmark 05..

Can you do a run in 3dmark 05 with the nvidia 3dmark 05 profile please..

how do you mean the profile should be used automatically shouldn't it?

Associate
Got my XFX 7800gtx ee today and just installed it.

Really quiet stock cooler and a cool 44c idle.

cs: source stress test hits 214fps using 84.20 beta.

1280x1024
Reflect all
Shader Detail high
Shadows High
Model Detail high
Texture Detail high
no aa or af

Will do some other benchies l8tr.

Buzzin hard tonight.

Associate
mmj_uk, can your extreme reach xxx speeds? (700/1800). I have my xxx on order but am willing to change to the xtreme edition if they lock as high

thanks

Dup

Dup

Soldato
My first post here.

I made my first purchase from OCUK yesterday to take the plunge into the PCI-E world.

I ordered an XFX 7900GTX Extreme Edition of which I am VERY happy with. Not only was the OCUK service absolutely fantastic, the card is a great improvement over my previous BFG 680 Ultra OC.

I doubt I will be overclocking this card though as my CPU dosen't seem to cut it as it is (A64 3700+ San Diego at stock 2.2Ghz).

Maybe if I can get close to FX-57 speeds I'll think about it, but at the moment it certainly dosen't need it.

Cheers OCUK, I shall be reccomended you to those not in the know.

Associate
Welcome Dup,

Just a quick Mention on ya sig dude, A little too big mate. The Mods try to keep things on tight wraps due to the Bandwith.

Id read the rules mate as it has Sig Sizes in there, Apart from that all the best and welcome.

Im sure your CPU could do with a kick to help push the GTX into life. :D

Soldato
Come on guys, lets have some aa and af! :p;)

No 3dmark scores as they dont realy mean anything, if you got the 7900 for just benching then you have too much money.

F.e.a.r with every setting at max on 12x10 with full aa and af test would be a good choice, the css test is far too cpu limited.
Lost coast test with everything at max might be a good one too. :)

Bring on the games and high details, my x1900xtx demands competition! :D

Soldato
mmj_uk said:
how do you mean the profile should be used automatically shouldn't it?

I used to always choose the profile settings myself...

I found when i was running my SLI setup,if i didn't choose the profile for what game or benchmark i was going to use next..That sometimes it would stay on the standard driver setting profile..

Back
Top Bottom