So who do you think is out from your team then????

Man of Honour
Originally posted by [ASSE]Hinchy
Its not that extreme :p But with Allback in such world beating form, who is to say Villa won't put 10 past em :p hehe

It is about that extreme. We're well in front on GD, and Villa will get beaten by us if we perform to even 50% of the standard we did yesterday.

Man of Honour
Originally posted by 6thElement
If Robinson did go from Leeds to Man Utd be interesting so see how long it took for him to wear the England No 1.

Depends. If they broke his career like they did Rio it might take some time :p

Soldato
Originally posted by Gilly
It is about that extreme. We're well in front on GD, and Villa will get beaten by us if we perform to even 50% of the standard we did yesterday.

Isn't your goal difference 10 better than Bolton and West Ham though?

That means if you lose to Villa 6-0 (which won't happen) it will go down to a 4 goal advantage. If West Ham win 5-0, you are down....

It still is slightly extreme but I don't think Villa will need to plonk 8 past you........You are safe though....I'm just saying its not THAT extreme.

Last edited:
Soldato
Id like to see a new goal keeper, right back and centre back. Another forward and central midfielder is needed but we need to sort out the defense ASAP

I feel our defense has let us down this season not our attacking :(

Man of Honour

That means if you lose to Villa 6-0 (which won't happen) it will go down to a 4 goal advantage. If West Ham win 5-0, you are down....

It still is slightly extreme but I don't think Villa will need to plonk 8 past you........You are safe though....I'm just saying its not THAT extreme.

Fair enough :)

Originally posted by Jazz
Id like to see a new goal keeper, right back and centre back. Another forward and central midfielder is needed but we need to sort out the defense ASAP

I feel our defense has let us down this season not our attacking :(

New team then? ;)

Adams was always going to be hard to replace, but it doesn't seem like they've tried. There's no cover at all, Keown is too old as is Seaman.

Faz

Faz

Associate

I think our goal diff is about 16 better than West Ham

s-p

s-p

Associate
Players we could bring in? If Forest don't get promoted I would like to see us try get Lawson from them as he is a good prospect, and also another midfielder.

Keep your hands off! You've already taken Prutton, you're not having Dawson.

:(

Soldato
Originally posted by Gilly
New team then? ;)

Adams was always going to be hard to replace, but it doesn't seem like they've tried. There's no cover at all, Keown is too old as is Seaman.

they did try with cygan was really good in france and its taken him time to settle in england, in his last 2 games he has been really good. But wenger probably should have spent a lot more and got a really top notch defender but i dont know how much money we have :(

We need a new goalkeeper but we could survive without buying one, taylor and shaaban look decent. We really need a centre back desperately, if adams had stayed there might of been a different end to the season :(

Soldato
Originally posted by Jazz
if adams had stayed there might of been a different end to the season :(

Nah I doubt it - he probably wouldn't have been fit enough for the Premiership season one more time. He was looking desperately unfit at the best of times in his last season for you I'm sorry to say...

Soldato
I hope Dabizas leaves, also a few of the dregs who never play and should maybe move on to further their own careers. In a way I'd like Steve Harper to leave and find the first team football he deserves, I'd even suggest he be a good buy for Man Utd or Arsenal. It'd be good to see Carl Cort go too, if he's ever fit enough to sell. Otherwise we should look into sacking him as he's not been fit for the 3 years or so we've had him.

Soldato
Too be honest the first team at United isnt that big anymore.

GK
Barthez
Ricardo
Caroll.

Defenders
Ferdinand
Silvestre.
Brown.
O'shea.
G Neville
P neville.

Midfielders:
Beckham.
Veron.
Keane.
Scholes.
Butt.
Giggs.

Strikers:
Van Nistelrooy.
Solskajear.
Forlan.

Thats 18 players, my teams first team squad is that big.
If barthez and Ricardo go, you then need another TWO keepers in, if you sell Beckham, you then need to replace him AND buy cover for keane (Butt is no keane in CM) and Giggs. Then you need another dedicated center back to partner Ferdinand, and another 2 decent strikers.

Not a lot will happen at OT this summer.

Man of Honour
I hope Hasselbaink, Bogarde & Desailly will go.
IF we don't get in the CL I think Zola will hang up his boots.
Morris is on about going to a European side.
Forssell is prob forsale to B. Munchengladbach.
Those fortunate clubs who still have a few quid knocking about will do their upmost to tempt Cuducini, Gallas, Terry & Lampard away. We're only gonna be playing 6 a sides next season methinks:(

Associate
Originally posted by MajikNWA
MOst of them - seriously. I believe Cov City, for the third time in six years, will have a complete personel change.

We'll discover a diamond in the rough, make him uninspired, then sell him on for a profit we won't use and he'll become a god again.

well we already know 15 players are going... chippo, fowler, eustace, bothroyd, mcsheffrey, betts, quinn, hyldgaard, o'niel, debec (the clown) and the other nobodies

but lets not forget mcallister has a lot of contatcs in the game and if he can get a player he will, already naesm beign mentioned for a move inwards to the home of football is alun armstrong, charlie miller, richard garcia, jack lester and the goat shaun goater, plus craig hignett and dion dubin... all weve been missing for all these seaosns is a goal scorer someone who will get you over 20 a season, no ones ever done that for us, i remember dublin got 19 once but thats the highest...

if we can get the goat then he will score and thats all we need... we also now have a chairman who wants the club to do well and wants to get rid of the debt instead of add to it like my namesake mr richardson... we have many diamonds in the rough atm davenport is rumoured to be arsenal bound, pipe looks like a star and the same can be said for whing, weve had one of the best youth systems for years its time we started using it to the first teams advantage... well thats my hopes anyway

Soldato
OP
I doubt Dublin will go back to coventry.

For a start he's the only Villa striker who can hit a barn door fairly consistantly!!

Also it was not the most harmonious exit from the club which is a shame as we was a good player for cov and has been great for villa too in his prime.

Associate
lol he started the season like a wonder kid some lovley 25-30 yard goals... nice running down the wing but after a while his fitness and the fact hes a small player with not a lot of body strength went against him... and for about 10 games he did nothing to be honest, but neither did the rest of the team... he will be a good player one day whether its for liverpool or not only time will tell, but hes back with your mob now so lets hope he can start next season other than on the bench

hmmm i dunno villa have the most strikers in the league do they not? vassel, allback, angel, crouch, moore dublin, balaban... and at the age of 33/34 he wants to be player everyweek... he has strong links with gary mcallister as they were good friends when he was down here last, dublin played for millwall last season so hes got no problems going down a division to get games... we may not sign him full on but a season loan does look a massive possibility according to the local papers... no doubt the coventry fans still would like to see him here just because hes the one player weve had who fits into our style of play, even when he left we played the same high ball tactic which didnt work with anyone but him... though id like to see goater much more

same goes for hadji who was forced out the club by the chairman and hes stated in the past he'd love to come back... plus safri is good friends with him and so is mcallister... so theres a lot of things which could go right for the transfer just the wages may be the slip up

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom