So who else has been blessed with the receeding hairline gene

Caporegime
Like what? you can't stop baldness.

erm - yes you can in most cases - currently two proven cures on the market

regain or some tablets you can get from boots basically

though regain is a nuisance and has to be applied to the scalp every day and the tablets apparently lower the sex drive in a small % of people who take them

Caporegime
erm - yes you can in most cases - currently two proven cures on the market

regain or some tablets you can get from boots basically

though regain is a nuisance and has to be applied to the scalp every day and the tablets apparently lower the sex drive in a small % of people who take them

Last i heard any tablet rememdies are only mildly effective in a large proportion of people that take them, its a tiny percentage that get any real substantial regrowth of hair.

Soldato
Well my dad and his dad have had a tendency, uncle on that side however is grey but still pretty well thatched, not entirely sure about males on my mothers side.

My dads was noticeable before he'd finished uni. But I'm 22 and it's still a thick mat up there so it's looking promising :)

Caporegime
Last i heard any tablet rememdies are only mildly effective in a large proportion of people that take them, its a tiny percentage that get any real substantial regrowth of hair.

actually they're effective in the vast majority of cases it seems 9/10 - i.e. effective in stopping any further loss so good if you notice the baldness early. Tis 48% who get some regrowth in addition to no further loss.

I'm still debating whether to try them of whether to just shave my head - I'm not liking some of the side effects listed as being associated with them.

In 1997, finasteride was approved by the US FDA for the treatment of male pattern baldness. A 5-year study revealed that 9 of 10 men taking finasteride (1 mg daily) experienced visible results (42% of men taking Propecia experienced no further hair loss while 48% experienced no further hair loss and hair regrowth).[6] In clinical studies, finasteride, like minoxidil, was shown to work on both the crown area and the hairline area, but is most successful in the crown area.[7]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baldness_treatments#Finasteride_.28Propecia.29

Associate
I'm nearly 25 and I'm experincing hair loss, but not all that bothered by it. Still got all the colour, but thinking of a number one soon. I'm too tight to care about paying to save my hair.

Associate
I think Propecia is only effective on the top of the head (crown) rather than a receeding hairline, and yeah there have been some nasty side effects reported.

I think I may still have a good 10 years of hair, judging by family members, really hope they find a cure or treatment.

I agree with aceface57 too, at the moment the costs associated with preserving any hair are disproportionate to any potential benefits.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Slowly thinning out on the top of my head...near the back at the top its getting pretty thing :/ and yes my dad is bald but hes the only one in his family that is...whereas my mums side of the family...not a single one of them ie her brothers aka my uncles are bald.

So yeh blame my dad and his damn bald genes...my middle brother has a receding hairline as well.

Soldato
I have it, but I am not too fussed, I have really thick hair so its not too apparent till I go out of my way to show "Hey I have a receding hairline".

Think you can grow with it gracefully if you don't start trying too hard to conceal it - hide it in plan view!

Rich

Caporegime
My hairdresser says i will never go bald, touch wood. I am however going gray, and im 21...

Wouldn;t put too much faith in that, sounds like he's going by the old wives tale that you either go bald or grey, and not both.

Its like that other saying that if you cut your hair short it thickens it..never figured that one out. :confused: Suddenly the amount of hair on your head increases because its shorter...?0_o

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm 23 and currrently have a thick full head of hair but I've noticed this past 6 months that when I'm washing my hair quite a few strands are coming out onto my hands. It hasn't effected the way my hair looks and I aint sure if it is just normal shedding or not. I've started to get quite a few greys on the sides just over my ears but grey doesn't bother me at all and my hair is lightish brown so it's hardly noticable.

Associate
I started losing my hair when I was 23, well that is when I 1st noticed it. A few years later and I was on the No. 1 cut. It's the only thing to do when it goes. Don't worry most females just get fat by the time you lose your hair so it equalises itself out, and men age better than females even without a full head of hair.

Soldato
I'm dead lucky as I appear to have inherited the hairline baldness from my Dad's side and crown one from Mum's. At 22 I have a similar hairline to the pic Oxide posted and already showing signs of balding in the crown. Very reassuring particularly since everyone tells me I just can't rock a bald look hah!

Back
Top Bottom