So who else has been blessed with the receeding hairline gene

HAz

HAz

Soldato
nope but im 26 and saw some old pics of my dad when he was my age and his hair was a lot thicker than mine! hes now in his 50s and completely bald :O im caking it!

Caporegime
Out of interest - for the people who do shave their head (with clippers as opposed to full on foam+bic) how do you style it - as in do you do say one size such as a no2 all over or perhaps no2 on top and 1 at sides or no3 on top and 2 at sides?

Also do you just use clippers at home in the mirror or do you pay to get it done at the barbers?

Am tempted to just go for a no2 all over in next few weeks before summer.

Soldato
Number 1 all over. I use clippers at home. For what I want doing there's no point paying £6+ each time to get someone to do something I can do at home in the bathroom. The clippers I have cost me about £25 so after using them 4 times or so I've saved the cost of a barber. :)

Soldato
Always had a grade one since 23 , but not going bald. Prefer an almost skinhead look tbh. I did grow it out this holiday (takes about 3 weeks to start looking like a thick brush, really annoying and greasy) and noticed a few greys. I'm 27, my mums side has baldness on all sides, her dad and brothers pretty much lost it by 22 so i may have escaped it as i look nothing like my mum and my hair is thick and black, hers is a sandy auburn and thin (as in texture). My dads pushing 59 soon and has a full and mostly still coloured head, obviously thinner but no pattern balding just old man hair loss :D
Out of interest - for the people who do shave their head (with clippers as opposed to full on foam+bic) how do you style it - as in do you do say one size such as a no2 all over or perhaps no2 on top and 1 at sides or no3 on top and 2 at sides?

Also do you just use clippers at home in the mirror or do you pay to get it done at the barbers?

Am tempted to just go for a no2 all over in next few weeks before summer.

No.1 and razor to the back of my neck for a straight line. I'm technically caribbean-asian and one hairy bastit.

Caporegime
27, am losing mine. Hair line has receded a lot, and you can now see my scalp quite easily through my hair.

Me 2004:
15gezx2.jpg

Me 2009:
5tz0us.jpg

Haven't got any that show the thinning, and it has got worse in the last year... seeing my photos after the rollercoasters at Thorpe Park the other week made me jump.. not from the facial expressions, but from the lack of hair (compared to what I used to have!)

Last edited:
Associate
Been receeding and going thin on top the past couple of years (im 24), said sod it and shaved it off last year, glad i did, trying to hide it looked stupid, and actually prefer it :) Now if only they could cure ugly....

Man of Honour
Number 1 all over. I use clippers at home. For what I want doing there's no point paying £6+ each time to get someone to do something I can do at home in the bathroom. The clippers I have cost me about £25 so after using them 4 times or so I've saved the cost of a barber. :)

Same been doing it for at least 5 years - saved myself a packet!

I just do a #1 all over - it lasts a few months before I have to cut it again so it's all good! :D

Soldato
My Father has only got hair around the sides now, with a little on top..so if that is anything to go by, I'm heading the same way. He said he was almost bald by his early twenties, so I'm doing okay as I'm in my mid-twenties.

My hair is a lot thinner on top then it used to be and I think my hairline is also receding.

In any case, I'm going to shave the whole lot off when it looks too bad.

My partner likes me to keep my hair long...which I don't mind really but I told her that one day I'll be shaving the whole lot off.

I lose a lot of hair each time I shampoo and condition my hair, so I got the idea quite a while ago that I'm going bald.

Soldato
don't all panic guys, its very normal for the hair to thin or the hair line to creep back in the twenties then it slows down. mine (see pics on page 2) crept back whne i was 20 and is the same now at 30.

Soldato
To the people who shave their own hair: is it difficult? I'm sick of shelling out £10 just for someone to run some clippers over my scalp.

I'm worried about doing the back of my head. I have a very hairy neck and want it to be nicely neatened up. I can't imagine being able to accurately handle a grade 1 clipper behind my own head...

Soldato
Can anyone tell me whether hair loss caused by psoriasis grows back? Nobody from either sides of my family are bald or have thinning hair except me and I suffer from quite bad psoriasis - so I wonder if this is the problem more than a straight forward hair loss inherited from somewhere in the genes (still no idea from who or where though)?

Soldato
My bird cuts my hair every 2 weeks, number 1 all over.

It's really dark and thick my hair and grows really fast.

Dad's 59 still has full head of hair, most of it still has colour. Unfortunately for him that colour is ginger haha.

Soldato
To the people who shave their own hair: is it difficult? I'm sick of shelling out £10 just for someone to run some clippers over my scalp.

I'm worried about doing the back of my head. I have a very hairy neck and want it to be nicely neatened up. I can't imagine being able to accurately handle a grade 1 clipper behind my own head...

I manage just fine with 2 moles on my neck where i cant see them. Not cut them off yet! so Im sure you'll be fine. I bought myself some Philips Pivotting head clippers(QC5170). And I've used them every week for the past 2 years. Just check with your free hand if you've missed somewhere, Its generally obvious

Back
Top Bottom