so will u be upgrading to vista?

Soldato
On my business workstations? Hell no. A virtual machine for testing, that's about it tbh.

On a home machine? It's possible. Vista media center may sway me to change from MCE. We'll see.

Soldato
I use my rig mainly for gaming, so its gonna be a certainty that I will be upgrading to Vista sooner than later :)

Just not sure on what flavour of Vista I will be purchasing ;)

Associate
I'm most certainly underwhelmed about Vista tbh.

XP does everything I need to for the forseeable future and I won't be an early adopter of Vista.
I couldn't care less about the fancy 3d graphics, and other semi-useless stuff I don't need.

I most certainly won't buy it, but will probably obtain a free copy through work, which I'll use to test and familiarise myself with.

Will probably upgrade eventually when I need to, but I'm not in a rush to begin with.
It'll be like my slow move from Win2K to XP.

Soldato
OP
can someone also enlighten me as to the versions of vista. heard there would be about 8 versions!?! or something silly like that?

why do they need to release so many different versions!

Soldato
I'm going for a Mac next time around, so probably never. Or when I have some spare money laying about that I really don't need (which I will from EMA! :D) I'll consider it - actually doing it is a whole new story.

Soldato
Mana said:
can someone also enlighten me as to the versions of vista. heard there would be about 8 versions!?! or something silly like that?

why do they need to release so many different versions!

There are 7 versions of the new Vista, and they are as follows:

Starter Edition
Home Basic Edition
Home Premium Edition
Windows Vista Professional Edition
Small Business Edition
Enterprise Edition
Ultimate Edition

All of them no doubt will have a massice price attached to them, God only know what the Ultimate Ed will cost :eek:

Back
Top Bottom