So you think you have big legs?

Associate
asim said:
As much as I like big wheels mustafa mohammad's overpower his upper body. Branch Warren has sick wheels, his calves are insane, although cause he is 5'6 when he stands next to someone else they arent always as impressive.

Just had another look at that Mustafa pic & your right his legs do overpower the rest a shame really as thats some bulk he has there.

Warren on the other hand has a total package & deffinitley deserved that title of 2005's most improved.

Neil

Caporegime
chimponarope said:
Yeah I've been looking at them for the future, have you got any yourself?

Hope you're knees are feeling better, i've been lucky so far with them, just my elbows and shoulders.

nope got none myself, biggest they do is 40" it seems, im currently 42" :/
the camo's are nice tho, will be investing in a pair once i get down to 40 :D

Last edited:
Soldato
NitrogenY3K said:
Well they are just better than normal legs, imagine them things in a scrum on a rugby pitch?

Better :confused: can't imagine anybody with legs like that being able to move around very quickly. Spose you could just wheel him up on a trolley to give a bit of a push :p

Suspended
NitrogenY3K said:
Well they are just better than normal legs, imagine them things in a scrum on a rugby pitch?

df_1_b.JPG

These sort are much better on the rugby pitch. They can get him across 100m in 10.7 seconds, at a body weight of about 265lbs.

His legs don't look like that abominations either :p

Soldato
soundwave said:
Warren on the other hand has a total package & deffinitley deserved that title of 2005's most improved.

Neil

No doubt. I'm extremely impressed by the guy. Brings in fantastic condition each time, great vascularity. Only fault I can find on him is his forearms but I think thats due to a tear he had some years ago. He trains with Johnnie Jackson one of the strongest pro bodybuilders around (powerlifter too) and so because both train soo heavy they are amazingly thick. The poundages those guys chuck around are no joke.

Associate
Well he has certainly had to put some work in for those!

And a tip for fellow thunder-thighers - Gap 'Worker' cut jeans have pretty generous thigh room. Do tend to wear easily between the legs though :(

Soldato
NitrogenY3K said:
Lets not be childish, you dont feel sick.

Yes then imagine when the bugger gets smashed by 18 stone of bloke traveling at 15+ Mph, those muscles would last about 2 minutes before they started to give up, they may be big but they are at their limits, which means that a hard impact would tear the crap out of them. And he'd probably keel over and die after about 10 minutes with the fact that his heart will be completley knackered from the inhumaine amount of steroids that he will have pumped into his system.

I can understand wanting to be big, but the amount of crap he has pumped into his body will be tantamount to being severly obese, for all the strain exerted on his heart and other organs, personally it's up to them what they do, but i see that as no different than a person striving to be as fat as humanly possible, both are just as odd IMO.

I'd rather have a body like Jona Lomus than any bodybuiler any day, not only is he massive he's also extreemly fit and incredibly healthy too, unlike someone who has pumped themselfs full of steroids.

Soldato
Spud21 said:
Yes then imagine when the bugger gets smashed by 18 stone of bloke traveling at 15+ Mph, those muscles would last about 2 minutes before they started to give up, they may be big but they are at their limits, which means that a hard impact would tear the crap out of them. And he'd probably keel over and die after about 10 minutes with the fact that his heart will be completley knackered from the inhumaine amount of steroids that he will have pumped into his system.

I can understand wanting to be big, but the amount of crap he has pumped into his body will be tantamount to being severly obese, for all the strain exerted on his heart and other organs, personally it's up to them what they do, but i see that as no different than a person striving to be as fat as humanly possible, both are just as odd IMO.

I'd rather have a body like Jona Lomus than any bodybuiler any day, not only is he massive he's also extreemly fit and incredibly healthy too, unlike someone who has pumped themselfs full of steroids.

I do agree that the majority of heavy bodybuilders do develop health problems later in life and also put a great strain on their hearts from the size they carry. I mean if you ever see them you'll notice they are constantly out of breath. Still the muscle mass they carry is unreal. I would love to attain that size although genetically impossible for me but what I find appealing too is that rugby player size and agility. For instance as you mentioned Jona Lomu. The guy packs some serious size, power and speed. He is basically a truck on legs. I see quite a few rugby players in my gym who hold that kind of size and believe me they are strong as hell.

Associate
asim said:
No doubt. I'm extremely impressed by the guy. Brings in fantastic condition each time, great vascularity. Only fault I can find on him is his forearms but I think thats due to a tear he had some years ago. He trains with Johnnie Jackson one of the strongest pro bodybuilders around (powerlifter too) and so because both train soo heavy they are amazingly thick. The poundages those guys chuck around are no joke.

I know what you mean.

I have an issue of Flex at home where they go on a back training day with Branch & Johnnie & the weights they lift are just plain silly.

Those are two are seriously big dudes.

Will be interesting to see how they both place in this years Olympia 8th & 11th (Branch, Johnnie) last year were very repsectable placings if you ask me.

Neil

Soldato
soundwave said:
I know what you mean.

I have an issue of Flex at home where they go on a back training day with Branch & Johnnie & the weights they lift are just plain silly.

Those are two are seriously big dudes.

Will be interesting to see how they both place in this years Olympia 8th & 11th (Branch, Johnnie) last year were very repsectable placings if you ask me.

Neil

Branch Warren could possibly move up. The olympia is a name game at times, it seems those who have been on the scene longer and have "paid their dues" are the ones that place well.

Johnnie Still has to bring up his legs to match the upper body. Especially the calves. I hate it when pros lack in the calves.

Associate
Morba said:
talking of flex and back day.

this months has a dorian article with a mental back workout, anyone read it? is it any good? (i know its bound to be, its by dorian!! :D )

Picked up my copy yetserday & I havent quite got to that article yet, but does look interesting, Dorian is training some new 21 year old (Think his name is Grant Lewis) whose currently 7 for 7 in his amatuer career.

The routine looks absolutley brutal.

Asim said:
Branch Warren could possibly move up. The olympia is a name game at times, it seems those who have been on the scene longer and have "paid their dues" are the ones that place well.

Johnnie Still has to bring up his legs to match the upper body. Especially the calves. I hate it when pros lack in the calves.

Will be good to see how much more improvement Branch can make in the coming months & see what he does at the Olympia...I'm sure there will be an upset or two.
I'm also itching to see what package Cutler will bring this year to the Olympia altough to be fair I still cant see anyone toppling Coleman...that man is just beyond belief.

Neil

Caporegime
soundwave said:
Picked up my copy yetserday & I havent quite got to that article yet, but does look interesting, Dorian is training some new 21 year old (Think his name is Grant Lewis) whose currently 7 for 7 in his amatuer career.

The routine looks absolutley brutal.

the wife wont like it but i think im going to start reading flex again. shes not liking the idea of me going huge again (i was pretty big before she met me) :/

Associate
Morba said:
the wife wont like it but i think im going to start reading flex again. shes not liking the idea of me going huge again (i was pretty big before she met me) :/

I've only just started buying Flex, I've bought Muscle & Fitness for years now but I always steered away from Flex, I always thought it had too much stuff that wouldnt be of use to me.
But the other week I managed to pick up a cheap copy off of Pitsea market (along with 2 US mags...Muscular Development & Iron Man) & was pretty impressed, some very good routines & great interviews, so decided to keep an eye on it & pick up the odd issue here & there.

So Morba, how big was big??

I guess that's a bonus I have of being single...nobody really cares how big I get, although I know I'll never get huge...my diet is my single biggest stumbling block & means I dont grow anywhere near as well as I should, but I'm happy with my gains at the moment so it doesnt really matter, just need to shred some bodyfat to see my Abs & I'd be fine I think.

Neil

Suspended
Spud21 said:

I agree, that guy who was posted is so obsessed by lookin like some pumped up monster, he is seriously risking his own health.

His body is also completely none functional, there is a reason that no athlete is built like that. I wonder what his 100m time is? or how far he can run without collapsing from a heart attack? This guy would be useless at rugby, or any other active sport. He would be off after 5 mins from a brutal injury, no doubt about it.

Caporegime
soundwave said:
So Morba, how big was big??

Neil

52" chest / 19.5" neck / 40" waist.
things went wrong when i moved to wales, i got 'comfortable' and since then hadnt been to the gym (near on 6 years).
now im 48" chest / 18.5" neck / 42" waist :<

i have no plans to go all out, i couldnt afford it for a start! but would like to get some of that bulk back :D

Back
Top Bottom