So your in te beer section...

Associate
Gilly said:
You know, without any embellishment you almost look stupid enough to have missed the fact that nothing I put on the forums on subjective topics is anything more than my own opinion... :)

I suppose that's expected seeing as I tend to hit that scroll wheel as fast as I can when I see one of your posts. :)

Soldato
Go for a decent German Weissbräu - the most commonly available are Erdinger or Weihenstephaner. :)

That Kronenbourg is FAR too sweet & fruity.

Associate
I've got a fridge full of white beer. Hoegaarden is my faviourite i've recently found a pub that does it on tap and it comes in the proper glass. The Kronberg isn't bad but the Cru is better.

When my friends parents come over from Belgium there bringing me a whole load of white beers :D

For the record white beer must be served chilled.

Soldato
Not many places around here that serve Hoegaarden, when they do they serve it by the half for some reason. That might be because on the continent they serve by the 250 fairly often. :)

Soldato
William said:
Not many places around here that serve Hoegaarden, when they do they serve it by the half for some reason. That might be because on the continent they serve by the 250 fairly often. :)
I've never seen a pub that doesn't serve it in pints as well. There's a lot here in Bristol that serve it - mind you, at around £3.20 a pint it's not cheap.

Soldato
If they are outer city pubs that is expensive, if its centre then thats alright. I think I paid £6 for a pint of dirty stella two weeks ago at some bar.

Soldato
Aye, it was at a hotel, 6th form leavers-do at a hotel, the sly ones hiked up the prices due to demand I guess. I stuck to Murphy's after that because nobody else bought it so it was at a good cheap price of £2.50. It was dead nice from what I can remember better than any pint of Guinness that I have had in England. :)

Soldato
Matblack said:
Try this

http://www.beersofeurope.co.uk/acatalog/Beers_of_Europe__Delirium_44.html

beerdraftdeliriumtremens27fj.jpg

MB
That stuff is evil.

I once spent a whole night drinking it in Big Hands in manc, I left totally hammered and stumbled into the takeaway next door - i don't remember the next bit but I am told on good authority that I ordered a burger, but didn't have enough money to pay - causing me to have some sort of breakdown. The guys in the takeaway, to my eternal shame, took pity on me and gave me the burger for the 50p i had in my hands :o

It has taken 3 years (and 2 changes of ownership) for me to finally pluck up the courage to go back to that takeaway

Still, it's a quality brew :p

Back
Top Bottom