So your in te beer section...

Soldato
As others have mentioned;

Weihenstephaner Hefe Weissbeer is an amazing beer, I absolutely love the taste of the stuff :). It is greatly superior to Hoegaarden (of which I have just had 2 pints, as we couldn't go to the pub that served Weihenstephaner :().

Man of Honour
iBankAllDay said:
Weihenstephaner Hefe Weissbeer is an amazing beer, I absolutely love the taste of the stuff :). It is greatly superior to Hoegaarden (of which I have just had 2 pints, as we couldn't go to the pub that served Weihenstephaner :().

Is that Templelane that you are talking about? They serve Weihenstephaner and Staropramen which is a pretty nice beer as well however they won't be open tonight. The Art Bar is pretty good for a variety of bottled beers, Erdinger is a good choice.

Caporegime
Kronologic said:
And you see this.
picture149hn.jpg

I was a bit disapointed to say the least.

Not as dissapointed as I was to see no coaster on your table. Tut Tut ;)

Soldato
Yeah, thats what we blagged. :D

We got 8 of them, and some Chimay Blanc to go in it, which has long since been drunk and now we drink orange juice from them. :p

Soldato
semi-pro waster said:
Is that Templelane that you are talking about? They serve Weihenstephaner and Staropramen which is a pretty nice beer as well however they won't be open tonight. The Art Bar is pretty good for a variety of bottled beers, Erdinger is a good choice.

Yup Templelane, it along with DCA (who own Templelane) are the only bars in Dundee that sell it. I was going to go there for a few last night, but my friends were not keen! So I went to Tally's instead. It's never open on Mondays, so no cheeky one after work for me either! I do like the choice at the Art Bar, nice wee quiet place too.

I'm not too keen on Staropramen but I am partial to Erdinger :).

Man of Honour
iBankAllDay said:
Yup Templelane, it along with DCA (who own Templelane) are the only bars in Dundee that sell it.

I didn't know they owned Templelane, it is odd because the owners of Tallys have been looking after and staffing Templelane for the past few months. I would have thought that the DCA would have done that given they own it unless they have only taken it over in the past week or so as that was the last time I was in either.

If you go into Tallys at all regularly then it is almost certain that I've seen you without realising it. It would be better though if Tallys got 80/` back as Best just isn't the same but highly unlikely to happen, the owners say they don't get enough requests for it.

Soldato
semi-pro waster said:
I didn't know they owned Templelane, it is odd because the owners of Tallys have been looking after and staffing Templelane for the past few months. I would have thought that the DCA would have done that given they own it unless they have only taken it over in the past week or so as that was the last time I was in either.

If you go into Tallys at all regularly then it is almost certain that I've seen you without realising it. It would be better though if Tallys got 80/` back as Best just isn't the same but highly unlikely to happen, the owners say they don't get enough requests for it.

Quite possibly a recent thing then dude., however, they certainly used to as when they were short of staff they used to call up reserves from DCA - happened on a night out we had a while ago (I also 'know' someone who worked at both places).

I don't go in to Tally's all that often, but as a place to be I do like it a lot. But perhaps we have seen each other though :eek:. I'm not a great fan of the heavy stuff, but I'm sure I seen 80/` there last night (but they did have Best so maybe not)? I pretty much only drink Hoegaarden when in Tally's!

Back
Top Bottom