So your in te beer section...

Soldato
retribution said:
Where did you get them from? I've only ever seen the single bottles or the smaller bottles in multipacks :(

Thanks,

Rob.

A mate has a Macro card (big wholesale store). Picked up each box for the bargain price of £8.

Amazing when you consider some pubs charge £4+ for a pint of it and I got pint bottles for around 80p each!

Soldato
For all of the Hoeggarden fans out there, i'de like to warn you that InBev have recently bought the lil brewery, and in the autumn are moving brewing to one of thier bigger brewerys. We all know what happens then, enjoy it while you can!

Soldato
lego said:
For all of the Hoeggarden fans out there, i'de like to warn you that InBev have recently bought the lil brewery, and in the autumn are moving brewing to one of thier bigger brewerys. We all know what happens then, enjoy it while you can!

Well apparently Carling and Bass were supposed to get worse when Coors took Bass over but they are better if anything. :)

Associate
I managed half a bottle of this before taking it back because I seriously thought it was off. Disgusting flavour.

Luckily my local got Staropramen in at the same time... mmmmmm

Soldato
lego said:
Bass is brewed by W&D, and the standard has definately dropped, carlings lager no matter where it's brewed it'll always taste like p***

Prior to 2005 it was Coors, the license expired from InBev and you are right it is now W&D. Taste is in it of course and I think it is better overall. :)

Soldato
Damn.

Just found out why I got crates for £8 a pop. They expire on the 31st May!!!

3.5 crates and 1 day before they 'go off'.

pah, I drink more than that on a thursday.

:(

Soldato
They don't go off, its merely for insurance should be fine to drink. Its acidic and it has been pasturised and bottled in a sealed environment, it could survive for decades. :)

Back
Top Bottom