So.... Your Polish/Wax (Pics Of Results - 56K)

Soldato
Looks fantastic though. My car seems to pic up loads of random scratches. Luckily I've been able to T-cut them all out so far. Black cars just look awesome when clean :cool:

Soldato
Clay Bar is definatly worth using. It removes all surface contaminates and makes the paint as smooth as glass.

It does take time and effort but its something you don't have to do often so it's worth the initial effort.

Associate
F355 said:
Megs Claybar + Autoglym Super Resin + Zymol Cleaner Wax

Cooper7.jpg

Ah, you know you've got a mini when the seam around the headlights has a rust blister. God i want another one of those cars, one day i'll get one as a weekend toy. :)

OcUK Staff
HI there

When I had my Prelude which was black I did the Meguiars STEP 1 and 2 paint cleaners. I then applied ScratchX to the entire car to help remove swirl marks and then finally finished it in Meguiars wax and it worked great. Nearly all swirl marks removed but it took like 6 hours to do. Then I tried the same on the 3000GT and it helped but did not remove then so just saying its works better on some cars than others. :)

Caporegime
paradigm said:
Seeing as the weather was perfect (dry, but not too hot, and not too much sun) for polishing and waxing, I decided that today would be the perfect opportunity to try out everything I have read on DW, and to try out my latest batch of cleaning products and tools.

So, out came the two buckets (one warm soapy water, one cold clean water), the incredibly soft washmit*, and the Meguires NXT Shampoo*. Washed the car from top to bottom, rinsed gently, then bladed it to be almost, but not quite dry. Finished the drying off with a Meguires Water Magnet Towel*, and then set about with the claybar, followed by a treatment with Autoglym Super Resin Polish. A good hour or so later, out came the Meguires Gold Class Wax*, and then a coat of Autoglym High Gloss Protection*.

To finish it off, the wheels were cleaned with a wheel brush and Wonder Wheels, and the tyres dressed with Meguires Endurance Tyre Dressing Gel* (two coats 10 minutes after each other).

These being the results:

Click for larger images...

* denotes newly bought products.

Associate
Black for the shinny winn !!

Bought some Meguires quick detailer today which worked out well, managed to get all the rain marks and pollen crap off without breaking out the full bucket and mitt etc and a lot quicker too..

plus I must have save the water board loads of water so we can all look forward to a lifting of the hosepipe ban very soon :D

Caporegime
After the weekly trip to one of the many Kosovan car wash's in Stoke.
main.php

Its in desparate need of a good cut & polish, as the weekends looking fine, I'll get it done and post the results. :)

Some great looking jobs out there guys. :) :cool:

Man of Honour
mx5-1.JPG

mx5-2.JPG

washed with some rubish turtle wax shampoo, dried with Meguires waffel towel, claybared, washed, dried, nxt tech waxed :)

was going to ask about how i should be improveing my wash routeine, obiously i'm not claying it everytime but could do with a few pointers as to improveing it slightly

Last edited:
Soldato
Dr Who - you must have a death wish or something - that tyre dressing is on the face of the tyres & it's like grease.

Spun my old Impreza going round an island with that stuff on - 3 minutes after picking it up from the dealer brand new.

Back
Top Bottom