So.... Your Polish/Wax (Pics Of Results - 56K)

Soldato
Tesla said:
Clay Bar may be a better idea. The best car-care product I have ever bought I think.

I've tried clay on the MR2 and the Elise now and it never seemed to make any difference on either of them, maybe the paintwork was too clean to start with? :confused:

I'll give it a go on the CTR sometime, see if that responds better.

Man of Honour
eidolon said:
I've tried clay on the MR2 and the Elise now and it never seemed to make any difference on either of them, maybe the paintwork was too clean to start with? :confused:

yer it only really makes a difference if theres stuff bonded to the paint. If you have thouse annoying tar spots, random bits of white paint (all my cars seem to get these :confused: ) or the like, but then your proberbly polishing them out nicely with your fancy posisher :D

Soldato
eidolon said:

Those sort of cars are usually highly-loved by the owners and afaik regularly washing will pretty much negate the need for a clay bar.

With regards to the two Mondeos I have owned, the paint work was as rough as sandpaper and a little dull. My currant estate was covered in white paint spray, or so I thought, the clay bar has been doing a very good job at removing it. Also, removing tar spots - impressive.

Associate
roof2.jpg

wing2.jpg

side2.jpg

Wash, claybar, polish, wax. Plastics next, try and get them looking a bit less faded (and a bit cleaner) :)

Associate
Not great but, hell, she's 17 yrs old and in need of a respray (not worth it on a £500 car)

Turtle wax shampoo
Turtle Wax colour
Elbow wax....lots of :/
At least the bonnets not pink now :)

tart2on.jpg

Associate
agw_01 said:
OMG benneh. I just did a little sex wee. That is one clean Ti! :cool:

I've decided I'm going to get my ass in gear and T-cut and polish mine next weekend. El was right, my paintwork is like sandpaper :(

Dont use T-Cut, use Meguiars ScratchX. T-Cut stays the same abbrasiveness all the way through until you wipe it off, so you will probably end up with swirls where you use it. ScratchX has deminishing abbrasives which basically, as they are called, deminish so as the break down they start to then polish the finish, it will be hard work by hand but will be well worth it.

Oh, and for the sand paper feel, as has been suggested, use a clay bar.

ljt

ljt

Soldato
Auto glym Car shampoo/conditioner
Auto glym super resin polish
Auto glym bumper care
Auto glym Wheel cleaner
Sheepswool mit
Wilko microfibre cloths lol

ZSmsn.jpg

zsmsn2.jpg

then it absolutely tipped it down for about half an hour and now its dirtier than when i started :(

Caporegime
L0rdMike said:
Under the bonnet stuff is for people with an engine in the wrong place. ;)
Or possibly the engine in a place where cold air can get to it ;) Especially at rolling roads ;)

Siliconslave said:
hrm... i've not got into the whole underbonnet cleaning malarki - hell the interior generally needs a bit of a clean, but i'm sure its just a patter of time :D

My interior gets a good 2hrs a fortnight at a guess.

Soldato
Expect some pics later on Wednesday, having a full day of wash/polish/wax inside + out tomorrow.

Plus hopefully get new front + rear badges and new gear leaver gaitor. Expect pics soon(ish) ;)

Back
Top Bottom