So.... Your Polish/Wax (Pics Of Results - 56K)

Soldato
Hey AmDaMan

Looks like you've put a lot of effort into that RT :eek:

Does look very nice and wide :D

Heh you can pick an F7P (1.8 16v) lump for about £50-£100 tbh mate.

Will go in without too much effort. Just insurance I suppose will be the killer.

Would be nice to see it with the peformance aswel as the cool looks.

I like it :cool:

Soldato
japfest2005-1.jpg

japfest2006-4.jpg

meguiers stage 1 & 2 + tech wax - pic's taken a year apart

Associate
1. Hosed down
2. Washed with Meguairs NXT Tech wash and a Lambswool wash mitt.
3. Rinsed off
4. Dried with the Meguairs water magnet.
5. Clayed.
6 .Meguairs Deep crystal stage 1 by hand
7. Meguairs Deep crystal stage 2 by hand
8. Meguairs Deep crystal stage 3 by hand (left to cure for 1 hour before buffing off)

The result:

DCP_1191a.jpg

DCP_1192a.jpg

I took delivery of a Porter Cable last week along with Menzerna Intensive Polish, Blackfire Gloss Enhancing Polish, Blackfire Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection, 2 Orange Power pads and a Black Glazing pad. Can't wait to get to work with it all. :)

Associate
No-One said:
...I took delivery of a Porter Cable last week along with Menzerna Intensive Polish, Blackfire Gloss Enhancing Polish, Blackfire Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection, 2 Orange Power pads and a Black Glazing pad. Can't wait to get to work with it all. :)

That must have been with Rich? Ordered exactly the same stuff from him (the Blackfire WDAF better be worth it at that price ;) ) just before he went on holiday, plus a re-stock and a new Porter Cable after mine went **** up.

polish.jpg

polish1.jpg

The IP is great, but I would give the Optimum polish and compound a chance (the two bottles in brown and black), awesome working time compared to the IP and great in the sun, to a degree.

Soldato
Fett said:
That must have been with Rich? Ordered exactly the same stuff from him (the Blackfire WDAF better be worth it at that price ;) ) just before he went on holiday, plus a re-stock and a new Porter Cable after mine went **** up.

polish.jpg

polish1.jpg

The IP is great, but I would give the Optimum polish and compound a chance (the two bottles in brown and black), awesome working time compared to the IP and great in the sun, to a degree.
Are you in the car washing business?

Associate
Gave my MGF a going over today, just a good wash and wipedown with a leather tho, no polish as i havnt got any decent applicators :S

All big pics but under 1MB in size:

http://www.ttop.nu/images/1.JPG
http://www.ttop.nu/images/2.JPG
http://www.ttop.nu/images/3.JPG
http://www.ttop.nu/images/4.JPG
http://www.ttop.nu/images/5.JPG
All taken down near the Mille Dome

And a nice attempt at HDR, not bad for a 1st go, anybody else care to try tho?
MGF.jpg

Edit - Only blanked the plate in the HDR for neatness, plus the screws are rusting :(

NS

Last edited:
Caporegime
After having the stuff for about 3 weeks, I did my e38 and my mates 1990 e30 Touring with the good old Meguiar's Step 1 Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner, Meguiar's Step 2 Deep Crystal Polish & Meguiar's Step 3 Deep Crystal Carnauba Wax.

Quite pleased with the results, the e30 has come up great!
main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

Please excuse the pile of Horse poo & my wayward 9 year old in the picture...

Permabanned
dscn0055b9cu.jpg

Some wax in a bright green bottle with a £1.99 sticker on it. Nothing special, but did the job.
I really dont think expensive waxs' really make enough difference to justify the costs.

Soldato
I fancy ( if weather is good) tomorrow cleaning my car.

I have a "W" reg Renault Laguns in metallic Blue, had it since new

Now i only ever jet wash it or quickly shampoo it but i fancy giving it a good going over tomorrow, the alloys I have kept fairly clean BUT still have a good amount of brake dust set on them (Front wheels) , what can i use to get that off.

Also, I dont really have any proper car cleaning products just normal shampoo etc, no WAX at all, what would i need to get from halfords (only place i think we have round here for car stuff)

Car is in good condition, a few light scratch marks here and there from the odd tree branches, cats etc. Would like to get it looking good,
oh and what about cleaning seats, if i bang them you can see dust fly off big time. Using my dyson dont seem to shift it.

Thanks guys for the help your about to tell me to do and buy. Dont know about clay bars or anything that would get to fine scrathes off.

Oh and of course i have dead insect on the front of the car and im damn well sure you can only get rid of thoses with a hammer and chisel !!!!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom