So.... Your Polish/Wax (Pics Of Results - 56K)

Soldato
NickXX said:
330d1ip.jpg

crw7511g7rt.jpg

Thanks rg-tom & DRZ :)

:o where did i come into this?

Tom.

Soldato
i've just done mine again, 4 months after getting the supaguard treatment, i think i've done a MUCH better job using triplewax carwash, followed by meguiars paint cleaner, followed by meguiars gold class car wax, only got 1 pic worth showing so far though because overcastness doesn't help :( Anyway, if theres 1 thing black cars are good for is getting them shiny :D

carpolish.jpg

Associate
My brothers mate asked me for a quick detail on his Ibiza. Menzerna IP with the PC did not quite cut it, so compounded with Optimum first, then IP, then Blackfire SRC Finishing Polish. No wax in any of the pics as he said he had his own to apply and it started to get a bit late anyway.

Before the first pass:

seat.jpg

After:

seat1.jpg

seat2.jpg

Door and bonnet looking a bit worse for wear...

seat4.jpg

seat8.jpg

Last edited:
Caporegime
Fett said:
My brothers mate asked me for a quick detail on his Ibiza. Menzerna IP with the PC did not quite cut it, so compounded with Optimum first, then IP, then Blackfire SRC Finishing Polish. No wax in any of the pics as he said he had his own to apply and it started to get a bit late anyway.

Before the first pass:

seat.jpg

After:

seat1.jpg

seat2.jpg

Door and bonnet looking a bit worse for wear...

seat4.jpg

seat8.jpg

Thats exactly what my paint looks like close up, very very impressive i only hope mine will come up this well!

Soldato
dscf22002yt.jpg

dscf14947ee.jpg

dscf14835zn.jpg

dscf14848wx.jpg

Quick wash and autoglym the other week. Gets cleaned very regular, 2 - 3 times a week. I will get some much better photos next time I do it, these dont do it much justice.

Man of Honour
Ford Mondeo after:

a) Meguiars Gold Class Car Wash
b) Meguiars ScratchX
c) Meguiars Claybar
d) Autoglym Super Resin Polish
e) Meguiars NXT Tech Wax
f) Autoglym Car Glass polish

megdeo2de.jpg

megdeo26nc.jpg

BMW 530d SE after the same treatment, unfortunately taken in naff light!

530d1.jpg

530d2.jpg

Soldato
gallery_1222_96_1120.jpg

Valet people turn up in work and do a couple at a time.

Very tempted to get one of these PC thingies if they make that kind of difference (re: Seat above). Do you have to know what your doing with them? In as much as if you do it wrong will it take the paint off?

And where to get the proper products for the PC thingy? The paint up close is a bit of a bugbear for me as its not perfect by any means sadly.

Ta!

Associate
Siliconslave said:
blimey... if thats a quick detail i'd like to see what a full one looks like :D very impressive!

Cheers :)

Firestar_3x said:
Thats exactly what my paint looks like close up, very very impressive i only hope mine will come up this well!

I'm not sure how hard Mazda paint is, but if you have a PC, I'd highly reccommend using Blackfire SRC. They do a heavier compound, and the final polish which finishes off brilliantly. It's designed for the new ceramic clearcoats but works a treat on conventional clearcoats.

EddScott said:
Very tempted to get one of these PC thingies if they make that kind of difference (re: Seat above). Do you have to know what your doing with them? In as much as if you do it wrong will it take the paint off?

And where to get the proper products for the PC thingy? The paint up close is a bit of a bugbear for me as its not perfect by any means sadly

You have to have a general idea of what to use for your type of paint, what pads and polish combinations, how much pressure to apply, how fast to move the PC, when to stop (each polish breaks down differently) etc. As far as damaging your paint, you can inflict marring/hazing with a PC and compound, but nothing you cannot fix with a lighter polish in the next step.

You could take paint off if you went through your clearcoat, but you would have to put all your weight behind the pc, with a heavy cut pad and some monster compound and hold it there. The pad would probably destruct before that would happen though.

It all depends on the thickness of your clearcoat...if you are unsure, ask your local friendly bodyshop to take some thickness readings and bung them a tenner.

As far as getting the right products, try www.detailingworld.com. You have to register to see some of the forums and there are a few guys in the approved trader section like Rich from Polished Bliss who really knows his scoobs and whats best for them. And he's always willing to have a chat with you on the phone.

A few practice passes with the right pad/polish combo and you'll be away, just don't expect a miracle on your first try :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom