Sold my KTM on Ebay and no contact from the buyer.

Associate
I put my KTM 390 Duke on ebay about 2 weeks ago and it sold for my reserve price.

The buyer hasn't responded to contact and its been 5 days.

What's the best thing to do?

Should I just relist it? Do I get my fees back from this auction?

Is it best to put it on a classified?

Also, how do I give negative feedback to this guy if I am the one cancelling the sale?

Just not sure of the process.

Soldato
I put my KTM 390 Duke on ebay about 2 weeks ago and it sold for my reserve price.

The buyer hasn't responded to contact and its been 5 days.

What's the best thing to do?

Should I just relist it? Do I get my fees back from this auction?

Is it best to put it on a classified?

Also, how do I give negative feedback to this guy if I am the one cancelling the sale?

Just not sure of the process.

I did it once on a car, Google it also for more specific guidance, but basically you go into eBay and there is a thing under actions I think which you have to do, which then gives the buyer 2 days to respond or something, then you can officially cancel it and eBay will give you your fees back. It will put a "strike" against the buyer I think 3 and the account gets banned but normally these are troll accounts anyway.

Just Google it though it's easy enough even I could figure it out.

Associate
I had the same issue selling a bike before, IIRC I sent an invoice through Ebay, and gave them 48 hours to pay, and arrange collection. After 48 hours they didn't, then used an option in the my ebay page to raise a complaint of non-payment, and no contact. Ebay refunded costs, and I relisted. I can't remember exactly where all the options were, but I do remember it being straight forward and easy to find.

After relisting, I watched for the same buyer to bid again to cancel the bids, but he didn't, it sold for more, and got picked up the next day. Nice and easy.

Sorry I can't point you to the exact buttons to press, I don't often sell on Ebay.

EDIT: Just checked under the 'sold' tab in myebay, there are 2 boxes above the listings 'Ready to post?' and 'Have a problem to solve?' click the 'Unpaid items' link in the 'Have a problem to solve?' box.

Associate
OP
Found it not long after I posted. I raised a case and the guy has come back to me saying he has COVID

Sure he does. That's why it took him 5 days and a case being raised to reply

So annoying.

Back
Top Bottom