Solid wide single garage door

Associate
I want to get a solid door to go on a little storage area at the front of my house. The door needs to be about 1200mm wide, so non standard.

Originally I was looking at steel doors but my wife has said they look like they're from a retail complex.... Which is true :D
It needs to be side hinged, without any windows but have more going on then a slab of painted steel.

Does anyone know of an alternative strong doors? I was thinking perhaps solid wood, with an steel skin on the back but can't find anything like that.
The steel doors also come with bolts on the hinges and locks, which go into the frame.

Last edited:
Soldato
What’s wrong from a security perspective? There fitted to millions of houses.

Most come with multi point locks into the frame. When you take a big red key to them they tend fail where the frame bolts to the wall rather than the door itself.

Associate
OP
What’s wrong from a security perspective? There fitted to millions of houses.

Most come with multi point locks into the frame. When you take a big red key to them they tend fail where the frame bolts to the wall rather than the door itself.
You're probably right. I'm just over researching this and wanted what I presumed was the strongest door.

Back
Top Bottom