1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some amatuer shots

Discussion in 'Photography & Video' started by MarkLP, 22 Jan 2006.

1. MarkLP

Mobster

Here are some photos i have taken, just wondering if anybody has some constructive critasism please?

Taken with a Kodak dx6490

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is the view out of my grans window :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks,
    Mark

2. Joe T

Capodecina

Thats quite a view - the second version of it is much better. :)

3. MarkLP

Mobster

Thankyou :) I used the auto mode as im not to sure on the manual settings at the moment

4. MarkLP

Mobster

Anyone else have any critism for the photos, or how i could try different angles etc? Please

Thanks,
    Mark

5. Combat squirrel

Capodecina

good subject for practising, but the 1st 2 flower pics dont really deliver some wow factor (they just look randomaly taken, without thinking about it), you may want to rearrange them if possible, they have 'boring' backgrounds, try taking one flower, and arranging leaves behind it, so all you can see is 1 flower centered with just leaf background, in my head it looks good, if you can imagine it well,lol. Then just work from there :)

6. MarkLP

Mobster

Yep i understand what you mean, what would you class as an un-boring backgroud? lol

Thanks for your help,
    Mark

7. ranarama

Hitman

The last two are quite washed out because the sun is in front of you on a hazy day. Try again at around dusk or dawn for better lighting conditions.

8. Zheka

Wise Guy

I like last shot :) Keep it going!

9. Ugley_Matt

Wise Guy

Regarding the last two, i think for me the question is, what are you trying to show me in the photos?
    In the 3rd one you have the viaduct, the roof, the wood on the right each competing for the focal point without any one of them really dominating so it doesn't have a "point" to it.
    The 4th is better in that the focal point is now the viaduct, is there anyway to get a view looking slightl more to the left to remove the trees on the right?
    There is a good shot there if you can get to the foot of one of the arches, look straight up as close to the leg as you can.

something like this
    http://k43.pbase.com/u11/kmark/upload/2503075.bDSC00734.jpg

Thats not my photo but similar to one i took a few years ago.

There is potential for a lot of good shots of the viaduct, you need to try to see it from as many angles and just keep shooting.

10. Reidy

Gangster

flowers would look better if the card wasn't there.... thats unless you wanted it there???